The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default First political thread this off topic day...

Never mind...need to think through things before posting.

You sure they're worth that much?
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Let's do it. That way only the people that really want to be there will run for office.
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/Ashley26

"You keep one leg on one side, the other leg on the other side, and your mind in the middle." -- Henry Taylor, "Riding Lesson"

Default LF for President My Platform

Healthcare. At a certain level it needs to be a pay to play system. I live in a resort town with a young population of 20 to 40 year olds that want to play. They live outdoors skiing, hiking, biking and being extreme. To that I applaud them. They also have little to no health insurance because that would require getting a job. A knee gets blown out, an arm broke and they go to the hospital to get treatment. Demanding the best that there is available. They are treated and the hospital indigent fund picks up the tab. Where did the indigent fund come from? Tax payers and paying patients. When doctors and hospitals are allowed to say no treatment if you can't pay then there will be a little more personal responsibility to have insurance.

A little closer to home. I play with horses I know the risks that I may get hurt. How may "trainers" have no insurance? Bet they never get sick or have a broken bone.

Schools. When a kid starts school a test is given. If the kid is on track then the education is paid from the general fund. (Property tax in Idaho) If the kid is behind due to poor parenting the cost of the education goes up and is billed to the parent. Kids get 4 days to be gone for what ever reason. Over that the parent gets billed. Missing assignments the parent gets billed. There are exceptions but most of the excess in education is being spent to babysit and play catch up for piss poor lazy ass parents. Oh thats right it is abusive to make kids do home work and chores.

Go get 'em LF!
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.