The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation Tail braiding...?!

So, I've gotten the french braiding down pretty good... I just need help with the spiral?

Does anyone have any good tips on braiding a horse's tail for a show? I've gotten my mane braiding down flat! Now, I just need to get the tail braiding down so I can make some more money!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

It's really hard to explain without seeing it done...I'd suggest asking a braider sometime to "watch" them do the tail or perhaps if they are resistant to that..offer to pay them for a lesson? I think there are also some good references/dvd's/books about braiding that would have pictures and detailed instruction.
    Good luck! They aren't too hard when you see how it's done...but it's best to actually look at it instead of just trying to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by kw View Post
    It's really hard to explain without seeing it done...I'd suggest asking a braider sometime to "watch" them do the tail or perhaps if they are resistant to that..offer to pay them for a lesson? I think there are also some good references/dvd's/books about braiding that would have pictures and detailed instruction.
    Good luck! They aren't too hard when you see how it's done...but it's best to actually look at it instead of just trying to explain it.
    Yeah, I'm a visual learner anyway! I might do that at the next A show.. I'll have to ask tomorrow when they're scheduled for another.. But thanks