The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Winter.

My horses and I are flabby and bored from not working. No indoor and the ground is frozen with ruts so no riding. My main riding horse is a stallion and I couldn't find decent boarding in my area so here he sits munching on hay.

20's during the day (teens with wind chill), single digits at night.

Where's spring?
    '10 Dolce Latte G - Thoroughbred Mare (chestnut at that!)
    '12 Genever - KWPN/Thoroughbred Mare

Quote Originally Posted by myalter1 View Post
    Just a little bit tired of riding when it's FREEZING and dealing with my green bean OTTB who thinks he needs to be ridden for 1 hour or more every day. My motivation is waning, when I get out of work and it's 25 or less degrees with a wind chill of 10!

Just hoping for April to come a little faster. anyone else commiserating with me???
    this has been a bad winter and it started fairly early... hopefully spring will also come early!!! You know it's rough whenever 30° finally comes around, and it feels warm! and when it gets to 50°, you feel like wearing shorts! LOL. but yes, i am also sick of snow. I can't really ride in the snow or muddy weather for that matter. I should probably just look into building an indoor too
    "The bare necessities of life will come to you." -The Jungle Book

OMG I braved the barn last night to ride 2 horses (yes 2!) First, i did my friend's junior hunter who is usually really quiet...NOPE. Freight train. strong and generally irritated (um, me too buddy. It's 13 degrees!) Then, I rode my OTTB, who longed perfectly and beautifully (WHY can't I get him to go like that when i RIDE him???) Got on him and he was a wild beast....thought he was back on the track... SIGH. I am NOT going to the barn tonight. I'm tired. My back hurts from riding 2 freight trains in the freezing cold. oh, and when i LEFT the barn? The weather channel said it was 13 but felt like 3. YUP 3! no not fun at all. I wasn't COLD until i longed my horse. Standing in the indoor sapped all of my warmth. Got home. Had 2 beers, wrapped myself up in my bathrobe, a blanket and watch 1/2 of Seabiscuit with my daughter....I was still cold when I woke up this morning...

Yes, yes, yes...where's the "like" button???

ha ha ha ha ha. If we all complain a lot, do you think Spring will listen?

Default Mother Nature

Quote Originally Posted by myalter1 View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha. If we all complain a lot, do you think Spring will listen?

Nope that lady as a mind all her own!!!

I long for the day that I can complain about it being too hot.

ME TOO! and when my OTTB get turned out all night.. I am HOPING i have a totally different horse...

I'm crossing my fingers that since it's been so frigid that it will be an early Spring! I am especially flabby this year since my ring has been frozen for a very long time now. Usually we will get a really nice 50's day every once in a while that I can finally take care of the ring but there have been NONE this year. I was so excited to hear that high for tomorrow is 38! It's been in the 20's as a high without the windchill for so long now that I may just take off the heavy jacket tomorrow!
    Who needs wings when you've got a jumper?
    http://darkstr.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by VarsityHero4 View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers that since it's been so frigid that it will be an early Spring! I am especially flabby this year since my ring has been frozen for a very long time now. Usually we will get a really nice 50's day every once in a while that I can finally take care of the ring but there have been NONE this year. I was so excited to hear that high for tomorrow is 38! It's been in the 20's as a high without the windchill for so long now that I may just take off the heavy jacket tomorrow!
    IS IT REALLY GOING TO BE THAT WARM TOMORROW?!?!?!

I could kiss you.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE