The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has the Fugly blog disappeared for anyone else

or is it just my computer?
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

I can't see it either.

It's not working for me either. She gets hacked from time to time and this may be one of those times.

tried it this am and thought it was my computer..................not just me apparently!
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Have you been there since the new year? I don't go there any more, but last year or maybe the year before I had to re-bookmark after the new year. something about the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxchick View Post
    Have you been there since the new year? I don't go there any more, but last year or maybe the year before I had to re-bookmark after the new year. something about the blog.
    Yeah, I read it every day- so it should be okay
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxchick View Post
    She switched to a new blogging service and had to change her URL. She was on Blogger before and then switched to WordPress, I think.

Still down tho. Wonder whether it was the Cannolis, the Calamaris, or the Cannelonis that hacked her? (no, I'm not hallucinating - see the thread about Alisija Granger)

Was there a few days ago...not there now.

Hasn't been coming up for me for a few days now.
    Founding Member of "I Kept 'Off Topic Day!' Open"

http://fhotdtherereview.blogspot.com

View the video of the horse being slaughtered.

(I hope I copied the link correctly. If not, google it. She posted Saturday.) Well heck, I found it by goggling and now it says "not found."

make that "googling" LOL
    Last edited by cloudyandcallie; Jan. 11, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

Question

Does anyone know where the forum on Alex Brown Racing went? I can't seem to find it either. I wanted to post a horse on there.

"As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

Quote Originally Posted by LookmaNohands View Post
    Does anyone know where the forum on Alex Brown Racing went? I can't seem to find it either. I wanted to post a horse on there.
    God forbid. Make sure you go in person to visit who is offering to "rehome" the horse. I am only mildly surprised that that board has not been closed by the FBI for facilitating criminal scams. The ABR board has facilitated the hideous deaths of many hundreds of horses by starvation and neglect. There are many good people on there but for some reason they act as though they have been drinking of the Alex Brown Kool-Aid one too many time, if they raise any serious questions, they are banned. Maybe that has something to do with the relocating of the board.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    God forbid. Make sure you go in person to visit who is offering to "rehome" the horse. I am only mildly surprised that that board has not been closed by the FBI for facilitating criminal scams. The ABR board has facilitated the hideous deaths of many hundreds of horses by starvation and neglect. There are many good people on there but for some reason they act as though they have been drinking of the Alex Brown Kool-Aid one too many time, if they raise any serious questions, they are banned. Maybe that has something to do with the relocating of the board.
    Something that irritates me about the new board is that you can't search very far back to find old posts (without paying delphi for a "special" account). I can just imagine that those who like to keep old drama under wraps will love that.

Same with signatures, now you have to pay for them, it seems. And pay to make the ads go away (I'm not against ads, but the ones on the new ABR are REALLY annoying, since they look like posts).
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post
    Something that irritates me about the new board is that you can't search very far back to find old posts (without paying delphi for a "special" account). I can just imagine that those who like to keep old drama under wraps will love that.

Same with signatures, now you have to pay for them, it seems. And pay to make the ads go away (I'm not against ads, but the ones on the new ABR are REALLY annoying, since they look like posts).
    They have quite a bit of crime to keep under wraps. I would imagine someone could have quite a party tracking all of those "donations" for the "rescued" horses that he brags about saving. Being such an expert on US policies regarding horse slaughter must be so traumatizing for a Brit.

Is this the new site they moved to because AB is removing himself from the board? Watch out for his book to be publishing and claiming they have "saved" XXXXX horses and raised XXXX of dollars. Lies, lies, lies... so many phony rescues and so many scams... They have been burned so many times, and still, they gobble it up... Talk about the Napoleon complex...
    and all in the name of Barbaro...

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post

I don't understand why they don't just move to proboards or something. Those are about the most user-unfriendly forums I've ever seen, and now people have to pay for what's a basic feature on a bunch of free boards?

Oh well.

Fugly is back, btw (at least for me)
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Her website often has server errors. There isn't much she can do to fix it either; it's her host's problem. This is the most reliable URL for her:

www.fuglyblog.com

working fine for me using sourmilks link
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    I don't understand why they don't just move to proboards or something. Those are about the most user-unfriendly forums I've ever seen, and now people have to pay for what's a basic feature on a bunch of free boards?

Oh well.

Fugly is back, btw (at least for me)
    There is a reason for this, or so the owner says and that is the cost of maintaining and the time, etc for moderators. I think there are other reasons for keeping the information unavailable for other than those wishing to pay. Maybe being an "expert" horseman for Steve Asmussen and a "writer" for the New York Times blogs is not bringing in enough. Perhaps the ghost written book will pull in the big money.