The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Anon01 Guest

Default nevermind :)

Nevermind
    Last edited by Anon01; Jan. 9, 2011 at 05:52 PM.

Sounds like it's time for a heart-to-heart with your trainer. And likely time to find a new trainer if you can't trust this one, or reach some sort of agreement.

I (obviously) don't know much about your situation or her situation while you've been gone, but from what your write there is definitely some miscommunication/lack of communication going on. Maybe something's been going on on the trainer's side of things that has made it hard for her to find the time to work your two?

Certainly that doesn't excuse the lying though.

I am also a working student and personally wouldn't want to be working with someone who I couldn't even trust to tell me the truth. Is it possible that the stories she told you about riding them were in reference to the rides she did early December? I know my trainer is taking a few weeks off riding client horses due to the Holidays (and me not being there to help her with everything), so maybe your trainer is doing the same?

Before you get too upset, I would call her back or even visit if you're not too far away, and really sit down and talk. And I'd be willing to bet that most of our fellow COTHers will say the same.

If it turns out that she really DID lie to you, and has no legit reason for not working your horses, then I would be looking for a new barn - such unprofessional behavior is inexcusable.

But maybe there is something else going on, and a phone call isn't hard in comparison to moving barns. Good luck!

Sent you a PM, if you ever need to talk let me know-it can be hard when things don't turn out the way you thought they were going to and your plans have to change. Good luck and remember getting both sides is important

Don't give up on your show goals for the beginning of the year just yet - sometimes a few weeks off is the best thing you can do for a horse and they come back from break better than before.

Not to say that it should be done without your knowledge, just saying don't put limitations on yourself or your horses that don't necessarily need to be there - it might still work out!

OK, this makes a little more sense now that I see you are 16.

First, I'm really sorry your parents are adding to your difficulties.

Second, (and if you care to reply, please be specific) why is your mother worried for your safety? For the reader of your posts, we can interpret this as an overprotective, hovering, annoying mother or we can ask ourselves if your trainer is a little too slack on the safety rules.

If your parents and their phone conversations with your trainer are not something you have heard both sides of, this can put ALL of you in a bad spot.

It is disturbing to hear that your trainer promised you the horses would be ridden, didn't ride them, and lied to you about it. It is better to hear that she told you the truth.

I am wondering whether the trainer really had the time in the first place to keep your horses ridden if her working student (you) was not around, and had to take an extra two weeks off.

You may want to think twice about airing dirty laundry on a massive, public BB if you're looking for work . . .
    Click here before you buy.

you may have the right to be upset or angry when you are the one purchasing and paying for all of your horses and their expenses.

but until then, you are at the mercy of every adults penny.

sorry.

really in these situations all one has to do is find another program. There are plenty out there.

And it's not the end of the world if you have to wait a few extra weeks to compete. The show season goes for 11 months. I'm sure you'll find some good HTs to attend in that amount of time this year.

I'm sorry for your situation.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Anon01 Guest

Thank you everyone! and thank you dw this thread is going away now