The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Post Show me your barn jackets!

A friend of mine has asked me to help her find some nice looking jackets with her barn name and logo for her clients.

I got the ones for my barn through the same company that did another local farm's jackets. However the jackets we have are fleece, and while they are great looking, she doesn't want to use fleece. (I understand her - the fleece attracts everything!)

So what types of jackets does everyone like? Do you have pictures of your own jacket or links to where you got them?

TIA!
    PP

The jackets we have for my farm are really nice. They are similar to many running type jackets and are great when riding as they really wick the sweat. They are made by "stormtec" or "stormtech" (not sure if the h is there...).
    We all love them!
    Below is a pic, excuse the goofy faces, it was Christmas morning a few years ago!

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...mbayfield2.jpg

We have these from Boathouse for the equestrian team. I looove them, they're pretty warm and dirt usually brushes right off them. A few bones to pick though, the toggles at the bottom can get in the way when riding and the rollaway hood is pretty useless-too flimsy to stay open in the rain and too lightweight to provide any warmth.
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

We got ours from Mona's - they have a mobile shop that goes to some of our bigger local shows.

They are a soft shell material that is very comfortable to ride in; the embroidery looks great and they have held up nicely.

http://www.monasmonograms.com/Jacket...in%20Page.html

To see the exact jacket, click on the Jacket Catalog link, then jackets, then the bonded soft shell category. We chose model 6420, the Ascent if the link doesn't take you right there. They were about $100 each including the barn logo, individual names embroidered, and shipping.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

I have a NorthFace Apex Bionic jacket and it is great. The horse hair and dust/dirt come right off and it is easy to ride in and very warm. In the past I've ordered them and then taken them to an embroiderer to get names, etc put on them. They are great!
    http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...=&cm_vc=Search

Sometimes you can find them from other distributors for a slightly lower price. I love mine!

Thanks guys! I hadn't thought of an athletic type jacket. I also love the soft shell type jackets (i have one for a non-barn jacket). How well do those jackets monogram?

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by PaintPony View Post
    Thanks guys! I hadn't thought of an athletic type jacket. I also love the soft shell type jackets (i have one for a non-barn jacket). How well do those jackets monogram?
    The soft shell jackets we got turned out beautifully with the monograms. In fact, I have a couple - Mona's has done the "signature" soft shell jackets for the New England finals for several years, and that was how we came to choose them for the barn jackets. Both of mine are really nice.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

We just did new barn jackets for myself and all of my students for Christmas. I got them through Katrina at The Clothes Horse. The actual jackets are a NorthFace-type soft shell jacket in black and grey, made by Port Authority.

This may or may not be a link to a picture of the jacket - I can't find the right one on the actual P.A. site now. http://www.leadapparel.com/servlet/t...Apparel/Detail

They took embroidery very well and have proven to be very warm, especially if you layer with them, even though they are very thin and great for riding. Here is a picture of the back of our jackets: http://pets.webshots.com/photo/25820...53076870HsNihR
    ...for there are wings on these hooves, the speed and power of foam-capped waves...
    *~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*
    Proud member of the artists clique

I have 3 different jackets for 3 different barns. My favorite is the letterman style leather and wool that only comes out for horse shows. That barn also sells a cheaper 3 season style at a lot less cost. But i LOVE my letterman. (Naturally I am no longer riding at this barn)

I'll add pictures tonight if I remember! Its lovely dark dark green leather with dark dark green wool with grey writing/accents. The back embroidery has jumping and dressage horses.
    Last edited by Pirateer; Jan. 8, 2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: edit to add edit about editing for picture later
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

The barn I'm at gets all their jackets from Charles River Apparel. Sorry I don't have pics, but here's the link to the jackets:

http://www.charlesriverapparel.com/C...08C05J+A01+ENG

They've got the barn logo on the back and the rider's name on the front... very good quality, super super super warm, waterproof, and don't really attract dust. My favorite bit is the pockets- they're lined with the same fleece as the interior, so extra warm!
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

Blackcat - that's actually where my barn got the fleece jackets. I didn't have the best experience though so I am hesitant to work with them again.

Pirateer - that's funny you still have one of those letterman jackets. I still have mine from my barn in high school. I thought I'd look like a loser if I wore it now. Maybe they're coming back in style?

I'm really liking everyone's suggestions.
    Thanks so much!!!

I just got my barn jacket, it's black and white, combo poly fill/soft shell so it stretches on the sides and around the shoulders. The embroidery is in the barn colors, with the barn name, obviously I love it, super cute and functional!