The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Let's do our part for hurting horses!

A great New Year's resolution is to take a few minutes here & there to sign the online petitions & letters to legislators, call & donate as one is able, for the causes in USA, like the BLM roundups of the Mustangs, BLM administration of birth control to Mustang mares, wild horse races, etc.

I'm not sure what you are wanting? I don't see an issue with BLM roundups and birth control. Better than overpoplulation resulting in overgrazing and subsequent starvation doesn't it? It's not perfect, but it beats the alternative.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

As much as they are popular, on-line petitions have no effect on legislators. They are interested (if at all) only in those who vote in their district and can keep them in office or not. Better is letter writing (and not form letters either) addressing one issue at a time with data to back up a position. Don't mean to be a wet-blanket but been around a long time and have found this out the hard way.