The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems with CWD

Has anyone ever had a problem with CWD delivering what they say? My trainer ordered and paid for a saddle over 2 years ago and to make a long story short saddle came was completely wrong... They took it back eventually and were supposed to replace it but haven't. Spoke to the office today and they have no record of it or where it is. Every time there is some story. Rep says its in production but it never appears. This is incredibly POOR customer service.

Uhh this is lovely to hear as I just ordered a saddle from them. I have not had problems yet and neither have other CWD owners that I know.

She should threaten to/report them to the better business bureau. That should have an effect.

1 members found this post helpful.

I bought mine 5 1/2 years ago, but it arrived on time (ahead of schedule actually) and was exactly as ordered. I love it and have had nothing but great customer service from CWD. Have you contacted Amandine here on the BB? I think she posts under Miloutte55, although I may have mispelled it. She works for CWD and I am sure will work with you to straighten out the problem.

CWD has bent over backwards to resolve any issues I've had, right down to making me a new saddle, and then offering to make another new one because of a small imperfection (I declined, and the rep was kind enough to give me a small monetary credit when I ordered another saddle from them recently, years after I had bought the first one).

The story about your trainer sounds downright odd... when you order a saddle from them, even a replacement, they make up new paperwork. You get a copy, the rep gets a copy, the rep enters it in their system, and I believe the main office also gets a copy sent to them. Does your trainer not have copies? The last saddle I ordered from them took all of about 3.5 weeks to arrive, the rep came out to check the fit for me and horse, and again said if anything wasn't right after it broke in to let her know and they would adjust it as needed.

You just can't beat their customer service and willingness to do the right thing.

Amandine is on maternity leave, the New England Rep never filed any paperwork. Rep says a saddle is shipping tomorrow but the office knows nothing about it. The entire thing is odd and frustrating.

I have never had a problem with them...this is an unfortunate circumstance

Quote Originally Posted by JA View Post
    Amandine is on maternity leave, the New England Rep never filed any paperwork. Rep says a saddle is shipping tomorrow but the office knows nothing about it. The entire thing is odd and frustrating.
    I've always gotten a call from the office when a saddle is shipping, not the rep.

Has your trainer spoken with Bertrand? He is a good guy and was very helpful and accommodating when I had a problem.

DharmaO Guest

I rode in a CWD on a horse that I tried out; LOVED the saddle, decided once I had found a horse that I was going to order a custom one. However, the New England rep was virtually useless. I spent nearly two months trying to get him to set up an appointment with me-- it would take him days to reply to emails and no responses to voicemails. I finally decided that no matter how much I liked the saddles, I was not going to drop that kind of money if I couldn't even get a response from my designated representative. So if you are dealing with the same rep, I can't say I am shocked (this was about a year ago).

They are really nice saddles, though.

[QUOTE=DharmaO;5336560]I rode in a CWD on a horse that I tried out; LOVED the saddle, decided once I had found a horse that I was going to order a custom one. However, the New England rep was virtually useless. I spent nearly two months trying to get him to set up an appointment with me-- it would take him days to reply to emails and no responses to voicemails. I finally decided that no matter how much I liked the saddles, I was not going to drop that kind of money if I couldn't even get a response from my designated representative. So if you are dealing with the same rep, I can't say I am shocked (this was about a year ago).

They are really nice saddles, though.[/
    He is a pain in the ......

Haven't had to deal with the New England rep but know people as well as myself that have had good service with them.

It sounds like there is more to the story (2 years???) and I sure hope your trainer gets things resolved very soon.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

I didn't realize about Amandine, but the suggestion about contacting Bertrand is a good one, I found him wonderfully helpful as well.

If someone could PM me Bertrand's contact info that would be great. The story I got from the rep was completely fabricated and without Amandine the office isn't very useful. This is a very unfortunate situation.

If someone could PM me Bertrand's contact info that would be great. The story I got from the rep was completely fabricated and without Amandine the office isn't very useful. This is a very unfortunate situation.
    Try Bertrand@cwdsellier.com. If that's not it just email any of the other reps on their website and ask for him.

I remember if you fill out their "contact you" form on the website, Bertrand used to reply to those.

JUst to update.... The saddle arrived today, it was USED with a nameplate. Definitely not custom made for my trainer or her horses. I will personally be taking the saddle to CWD at WEF tomorrow. I cannot believe how horrible their customer service is. The rep will not return calls and trying to pass off a used/demo for a new saddle is just a joke. Did they think we wouldn't notice the marks on the billets, or the fact the saddle was dropped?

JUst to update.... The saddle arrived today, it was USED with a nameplate. Definitely not custom made for my trainer or her horses. I will personally be taking the saddle to CWD at WEF tomorrow. I cannot believe how horrible their customer service is. The rep will not return calls and trying to pass off a used/demo for a new saddle is just a joke. Did they think we wouldn't notice the marks on the billets, or the fact the saddle was dropped?
    Both Lora and Ludovic should be there. PM me if you need either of their cell phone #s.

Good luck- definitely not normal- maybe a sales rep issue rather than an office one..
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

You/your trainer are dealing with the New England rep, correct? You should drop all communication with him and go through another rep. Hopefully someone good is down at WEF!

ive been dealing with the same thing. trust me. i had them CUSTOM make a saddle for me that i got about 7 months ago that came SOOOO wrong for my horse. people are shocked that its custom. As a side note they do have my panels in stock now waiting for me to ship my saddle to them to fix, the bad part is it was holiday season for me and i work retail so its been hard to get to the barn and then ship my saddle out. My barn is an hour away. Plus there is no Los Angeles Rep right now because ours went up north. I have had pretty awful customer service too. Even though they have fixed my issues i have still had a non custom saddle now for 7 months. End result, sadly, is that not one person in my barn would ever order a cwd after what i went through. Im still posting uphill and my back hurts after every single ride. Which was one of the reasons i got a custom saddle because of my back problems and this saddle has made them worse. PS bertrand is of no help, i emailed him directly and never got a response back. there customer service is seriously lacking. The only person i deal with now is Amandine because shes the only one thats remotely helpful. Everyone at CWD has a different story though and none of them communicate or ever call you back. Its not good business and they are slowly getting a very bad rep as i have read all over this board lately.

Holy crap!!!! These stories are freaking me out! I just got fitted and ordered a saddle about 3 weeks ago..I'm in the Inland Empire and my reps name was Helene. Has anyone else ordered thru her?

Quote Originally Posted by tallygirl View Post
    Plus there is no Los Angeles Rep right now because ours went up north.
    There is going to be a rep at our barn on Monday and that is in Brentwood.
    Justice will only be achieved when those who are not injured by crime feel as indignant as those who are. - King Soloman (970-928 B.C.)

Update:

The saddle was returned to CWD at wef yesterday morning. Emma came out to the barn looked at my trainer's GP horses and made an appointment to do a fitting etc. She also came to the ring to watch one of the horses go in 1.40's, ended up 7th. My trainer and I have been very pleased with Emma so far. We will see how it goes when the replacement is fitted and arrives.