The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pit Bull vs. Horse - Video

vicious killer pitbull! *snort* when i had my horses at home, my male pit would go nuts try to wash the horses' faces. cause if the cats don't mind, and the kid doesn't mind, and my female pit doesn't mind, than the horses won't mind, right? lol they didn't mind so much as they thought he was an idiot. lol

Yeah, what is it with that licking? Mine's a licker too. The more he can slobber on you, the happier he is!

Isn't licking a sign of submission in dogs....I know my puppy does it to my older dog.

Dalemma

Most pitbulls I know are the kind of dog that would show a stranger where the jewelry and coffee was. Very cute video!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalemma View Post
    Isn't licking a sign of submission in dogs....I know my puppy does it to my older dog.

Dalemma
    When mother dogs discipline their pups, the pups usually roll over and then try to lick her face and mouth so it must be. I haven't met a Pit Bull yet that isn't a crazy licker. We tell people to watch out for our dog, you might get licked to death.

There's a guy in town who owns a shop and he sits out in front playing his guitar with his Pit Bull laying at his feet. We stop and pet him whenever we see him out there and he wags everything as hard as he can wag and licks and licks and licks everything he can get his tongue on. When you leave, you're soaked!

Awwwwww. This made my morning. I love seeing/hearing good things about a really wonderful missunderstood breed.
    Thanks for sharing!

Licking from what I remember can be a sign of submission, or play, you see it a lot in puppies. Kind of a "Hey, did you bring me food? I'm just a baby remember so please don't hurt me." I read somewhere that domesticated dogs retain more puppy behavior as they age. Not sure how accurate that was, though.

My parents have a dog we decided is just a walking tongue with a tail. Lick lick lick everything and everyone Her defense when small children, or anyone/thing insist on bugging her is: Lick it til it goes away.
    Owned by a Paint/TB and an OTTB.
    RIP Scoutin' For Trouble ~ 2011 at 10
    RIP Tasha's Last Tango ~ 2010 at ~23
    RIP In Sha' Allah ~ 2009 too young at 5

Quote Originally Posted by Amchara View Post
    Most pitbulls I know are the kind of dog that would show a stranger where the jewelry and coffee was. Very cute video!
    LOL yeah no kidding. In general I think they're horrible guard dogs. A lot of them are dog aggressive but as long as the robber doesn't show up with a dog on a leash, the PB would rather show them around the house and invite them to take a nap in the bed.

Love how the horse seems to prefer the one dog. Every time the other dog comes over things fall apart.

Very cute.

Aw!! Too cute

My pitt mix loves to lick allll the time!

cute!!

I also think Pitts are great, never met one that wasn't a total mush! I would love to adopt one but the fiance is under the ridiculous impression that they are all killers.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

Quote Originally Posted by caradino View Post
    cute!!

I also think Pitts are great, never met one that wasn't a total mush! I would love to adopt one but the fiance is under the ridiculous impression that they are all killers.
    Get one as a puppy and call it a boxer mix - fools most people, especially if it's brindle.

Quote Originally Posted by xQHDQ View Post
    Get one as a puppy and call it a boxer mix - fools most people, especially if it's brindle.
    OOOOH you're clever!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE