I received this email from the Virginia Horse Industry Board.

Please help horse owners and the Virginia horse industry by participating in this survey.

Text of the email follows:
For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Dr. Shea Porr, an Assistant Professor at Virginia Tech. I work out of the MARE Center in Middleburg. Faculty and staff at Virginia Tech and Virginia Cooperative Extension have received a grant to conduct a survey to find out what topics horse industry stakeholders and extension agents feel are important and how they would like that information delivered. This is being done in two parts – the first is data collection using one survey for horse industry stakeholders and another for agriculture and 4-H extension agents. The second part will be to develop programming, both on-line through eXtension/HorseQuest as well as face-to-face , to meet those needs. With that in mind, we need your input!

As stakeholders in the horse industry, you are the primary audience for equine extension programming. In order to help us with our goals, we’d like to ask you to please take a few minutes to complete our survey. It’s online, simple, and will take less than 15 minutes to complete.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JKMX6CB

[FONT=&quot] The survey will close February 28, 2011. If you would prefer to receive a hard copy of the survey, please contact me at 540-687-3521 or cporr@vt.edu. If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line.[/FONT]

Sincerely,
Shea

Shea Porr, PhD
Assistant Professor, Equine Science
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences
Virginia Tech MARE Center
5527 Sullivans Mill Road
Middleburg, VA 20117
Ofc: 540-687-3521 ext 27
Fax: 540-687-5362
E-mail: cporr@vt.edu
URL: www.arec.vaes.vt.edu/middleburg/