The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Are Dover halters re-branded Walsh halters? also, Walsh replacement parts?

Are Dover halters re-branded Walsh halters? I have a certificate for Dover and was thinking about splurging on a new show halter. I have my Quillen for everyday and I LOVE it, but the certificate is to Dover and quite frankly, there isn't anything else I need from them. I'm thinking a new halter and matching shank? I know I like Walsh quality.

Also, does anyone know where can I get a replacement crown piece for my other Walsh halter? It's in perfect condition except for the broken crown, so I'd like to replace just that piece.
    Last edited by ExJumper; Jan. 4, 2011 at 04:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.

Not all of them, just the Dover Pro I believe.

Yes, the Dover Pro's are - and I've stumbled upon one or two in the store that must have missed the 'Dover' stamp along the way. If you have a store local, they still have the Walsh tags on the halters & leads, not sure if they still have it on by the time you receive the box at home though

I need the crown piece also.

I've found some Walsh items at bigdeeweb.com, but not the crowpieces. Which tend to not survive crossties and ear itrimming.

Call The Farmhouse 864-457-3557 or email them. They can order Walsh replacement parts for you, I had them order a convertor for my grooming halter last fall.
    www.farmhousetack.com