The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cheap online source for ulcerguard?

What is the most affordable online source for buying Ulcerguard? Preferaby one that ships to Canada.

entirelypets.com

I believe they have a coupon code good for 15% off now, too.

Not sure if they ship to Canada, though.

Valleyvet.com has had the stuff on sale for $28/tube. Not sure if they are still doing that promo. Worth a look.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Yes to Valley Vet @ $28/tube, with free shipping, as well.

I found it at entirelypets for about $27 US a tube for 6 tubes. However, I ordered it over a week ago and it has yet to show up. I've called the company three times, they are very nice but don't have a firm answer on when my order will be received. It seems that they ship out via UPS but then it ends up in the hands of the USPS... The most recent representative I spoke with suggested that I specify UPS as the shipper next time. Free shipping was attractive to me so I am not sure how much UPS would cost.
    My vet will now sell it to me for $29 a tube so I think I will get it from him next time. So you may want to see how close your vet can match the best price on line.

Quote Originally Posted by nashgirl View Post
    I found it at entirelypets for about $27 US a tube for 6 tubes. However, I ordered it over a week ago and it has yet to show up. I've called the company three times, they are very nice but don't have a firm answer on when my order will be received. It seems that they ship out via UPS but then it ends up in the hands of the USPS... The most recent representative I spoke with suggested that I specify UPS as the shipper next time. Free shipping was attractive to me so I am not sure how much UPS would cost.
    My vet will now sell it to me for $29 a tube so I think I will get it from him next time. So you may want to see how close your vet can match the best price on line.
    We've had nothing but trouble from entirelypets recently, too. And it does no good to ask them to ship it UPS - we did, and they still sent it UPS to USPS to us. Somehow that delivery system (using two cooperating carriers) always takes about twice as long as if they use just one carrier. In addition (and to make a long story short), they didn't send part of our order (Panacur), never told us that they weren't sending it, charged us for it anyway, and told us a different story each time we called about it. Finally, we cancelled that part of our order because it was apparent they had no clue. It just wasn't worth all the grief to save a few bucks on Ulcergard. There are usually other people who sell it fairly cheap if you look around.

Liz

Just wanted to post that I've had many, many good experiences with entirelypets. Usually get my free shipping deliveries within a week. I wonder if the shipping delay is a regional issue?

Hmm, I order a couple thousand dollars worth of Ulcergard at a time from entirelypets and have never had a problem
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

I've never had a problem with entirelypets, either. I've ordered Ulcergard from them quite a bit, too.

I just order some from horsewarehouse.com

If you buy 20 they give you one for free, so they come out to $26.53 a tube...expensive to have to get that many, but I figure I will be able to use them throughout the year at shows....going through a lot of Ulcergard now for horse on stall rest. Free shipping too.

Quote Originally Posted by eks View Post
    I just order some from horsewarehouse.com

If you buy 20 they give you one for free, so they come out to $26.53 a tube...expensive to have to get that many, but I figure I will be able to use them throughout the year at shows....going through a lot of Ulcergard now for horse on stall rest. Free shipping too.
    This is where I was going to suggest too. I have had great service here, and the price is good. Not sure about shipping to Canada, however.

I've had issues in the recent past with entirelypets.com so don't recommend them.

I have always ordered from entirelypets.com and have never had any problems. The price is great, free shipping, and my order is always on my doorstep within the week. I would highly recommend them!

I guess it depends on where you live and how it is shipped. They are based in Nebraska and ship out of California. I ordered my Ulcergard on Jan 6, it arrived on Jan 19. I think the Pony Express would have been quicker!