The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Norsire is offline Banned Premium Member
    Original Poster

This is the short version, as I just wrote this long post about what I know and somehow hit the wrong key and it wiped it out! This report is from a 9 year old friend of Tori's that was there when it hit. From her grandmother to a neighbor friend of mine! So, here goes again. Her Indoor was completely wiped out!! GONE! The stallion are in the barn connected directly to the indoor, but I'm told the stallions are OK! Liz's mother inlaw Rosie was in a camper she lives in next to the indoor and it was picked up and dumped completely upside down, I'm again told she is OK! Her 4 horse trailer was picked up and dropped in the creek or the field by the creek..not clear on this one yet! I did not hear anything about the bank barn or the house, so assuming they were not involved. I have been unable to reach Liz by phone and called a friend to go check on her..he could not get through due to trees down!!! I'm told the little girl was walked home by her parents, so there is a way to walk in...I am leaving now to go check on her...I will report back ASAP once I know what really happened there. So, Liz will not be online for a while. She really needs jingles now!!!!!!!!!!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/no.gif

This is the short version, as I just wrote this long post about what I know and somehow hit the wrong key and it wiped it out! This report is from a 9 year old friend of Tori's that was there when it hit. From her grandmother to a neighbor friend of mine! So, here goes again. Her Indoor was completely wiped out!! GONE! The stallion are in the barn connected directly to the indoor, but I'm told the stallions are OK! Liz's mother inlaw Rosie was in a camper she lives in next to the indoor and it was picked up and dumped completely upside down, I'm again told she is OK! Her 4 horse trailer was picked up and dropped in the creek or the field by the creek..not clear on this one yet! I did not hear anything about the bank barn or the house, so assuming they were not involved. I have been unable to reach Liz by phone and called a friend to go check on her..he could not get through due to trees down!!! I'm told the little girl was walked home by her parents, so there is a way to walk in...I am leaving now to go check on her...I will report back ASAP once I know what really happened there. So, Liz will not be online for a while. She really needs jingles now!!!!!!!!!!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/no.gif

Wow. Thanks for the report. Hope nobody was hurt. Please keep us posted.

Jingles.
    -Painted Wings

Set youself apart from the crowd, ride a paint horse, you're sure to be spotted

OMG!!! I hope everyone's ok. Jingles from Ohio.

OMG! I will jingle like crazy here for everyone at Silverwood both human and not. Please let us know when you find out more.

OMG! That is horrible. I knew there were lots of tornados in her area and I was worried about her and the many many other folks who live there. I hope she and her family and horses are ok. Thanks for posting this and we are looking forward to your update.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

That's a shame... I really hope everyone is ok!

Jingles from FL. This has been a hideously freaky weather year for so many -- from hurricane ravaged FL to tornadoes, floods and the like further north.

Jingles and prayers for Liz at Silverwood...hoping the reports stay that nobody was injured human or equine.
    Please update when possible and let Liz know we're jingling.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

I hope to God that Liz is ok. I'm sending her severe curb chain jingles right now - and please do update as soon as possible! I hope everyone is ok! Hurricanes are the scariest things sometimes...

Please keep us posted. Jingling for Liz and her family.

JINGLES from Tornado Alley!!!
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Ooh my gosh!!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif Jingling and praying for Liz and her family and all the horses!!! How terrible!!! Hope they all are safe!!!
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

I hope that at least part of what you've heard -- that people and horses are ok, is true. Add my prayers and jingles for everyone at Silverwood and everyone else in the path of this storm.

I've read a couple of times now that there is a large weather pattern (decades) that may be on the upswing. So hurricanes for some years may be more like in the 40s and 50s (bigger and more frequent) than in recent decades...

Norsire is offline Banned Premium Member
    Original Poster

Very quick update, we are back to get chain saws, water, tractor and ect to go back and help. We did have to walk in!! All the stallion, horses and humans are just fine, physically anyway!!! Not one scratch on a horse or human, dog or cat!!!, but the damage is worst in some ways and better in some ways. Will post more detail later tonight!!! I will let her know everyone is jingling for her!!! I have only seen Liz cry in the 19 years I've know three times, and all three were today in about a span of 10 minutes, so she is pretty devesated. There are several friends there to help out, so she is very happy and grateful for that right now. We plan to get her drunk tonight at her favorite mexican resturant...I told her I was taking her there and she did smile about that! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

Jingles that all of the people and horses are OK.

Edited to add that I just saw Norsire's post. Good news that all are OK. Wishes that I could be there to help.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Great to hear that everyone is okay!
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Norsire, thanks for the update. You are a good friend and I am glad you are there to help her. Sounds like she needs a Margarita or 10.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Reading about her crying is bringing tears to my eyes.
    I am so sorry to hear about that. I lived through a tornado when I was little and I can tell you when it storms hard I am scared to death like a little bird at a rock concert.

That fear will never go away but it makes you more knowledgable as to what storms can bring and the damage it does. Glad everyone is ok.

If there is anything anyone can do please let us know.

Bless Silverwood Farm

Jingles from Georgia.
    Ms Robin
    Farm Websites & SEO, Low Prices, Barter available!
    ~No Horses to Slaughter clique~

I will be there tonight to help Liz drown her frustrations in a Margarita. Norsire, I got a phone call from a friend calling from a cell phone at the Liz's property asking me to try to reach Liz's insurance agent as we both use the same company and Liz could not find the number in her policy.

Here is the emergency number for Ace Insurance: 1-800-585-9624 press 9 to get to the weekend operators or try: 1-800-352-4462.

Can you please get these numbers to her. I have been trying to call but all phone service is down for your area.

I also called her and my agent from AH&T. Tara will be coming to Liz's farm tomorrow morning.

I can pass this to Liz at the restaurant tonight but thought you might be able to tell her today so she knows that people are trying to help her but cannot reach her.