The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default If I ruled the world...

People would be mindful of using appropriate language, especially around children.

Anyone else?

If I ruled the world...

...animal and child abuse would be punishable by death.

...nobody would go to bed hungry. Ever.

....people would be able to worship or not as they pleased without having to face bigotry or consequences.

...Stephanie Meyer would never be allowed near a laptop, desktop, pen, pencil, or anything else used for writing ever again.

Children would all know love.

Religion would bring community to all who believe and not hate and war to many.

People would be mindful of what it's like to walk in another person's shoes.

Nobody would ever make fun of fat people exercising.

Racehorse winnings would have a mandatory 401k like contribution so I would never be asked to fund the retirement of a horse that made hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Martini View Post
    Racehorse winnings would have a mandatory 401k like contribution so I would never be asked to fund the retirement of a horse that made hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    OK, that one goes ahead of mine.

All grocery store would have to be organized to a set standard so that you will always know where stuff is. There will be no more lying signs that say "we are rearranging our store for your connivence." Bull hockey, you are rearranging your store so I can't find stuff and have to wonder around because studies show that the longer I spend in the store the more money I will part with.

Everyone who wants to be employed would have a decent job. Americans (and anyone who does not have enough vacation) would have more vacation time. Two weeks is simply not enough. I suppose I am biased, both my parents were in academia so as a kid we went on all kinds of vacations!!!

Everyone would know peace.

Children would grow up in homes where they are wanted and loved

Adults would be appreciated and thanked for the work they do-no matter what that work is and how "important" others might think it is.

Animals would also have hoes where they are wanted and loved.

All pet owners would be educated about proper nutrition and care before being allowed to own any animal

There would be separate flights for people with children, and all adult flights for the rest of us.

Idiots who take little kids to R-rated movies would be b*tch slapped.

People who breed, animals or babies, purely for money, would be b*tch slapped

More will be added later

LBR
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

Birth control would be mandatory for men & women.

You would have to pass both financial and physical/mental tests in order to own pets or have children.

Restaurants, theaters and airplanes would have "child free" nights/showings/flights.

Dogs would be allowed everywhere (on leashes of course!)
    Not all who wander are lost.

If I ruled the world.....

There would be enough resources for women and children in need

Children would grow up in environments that protected their innocence for as long as possible

Human being's would be more compassionate towards others

People with Mental Health problems and Addiction problems would not be branded with such a negative stigma by the rest of society....AND there would be enough resources to help these people

(Can you guess what I do for a living??)

If I ruled the world, I would not know where to start to change what we have, that would not change something else and not always for better.

Example, what I may want, no waste of any natural resources, a real "green" world, can fly in the face of others that don't mind waste, if it suits their culturally guided principles or goals.

Unintended consequences and all that ...

Hard to get everyone on the same page.

I have seen what rulers do. I shudder to think anyone would get to say how to rule.
    I would not want to be one.
    I am more of the mindset "stop this planet, let me off".

Quote Originally Posted by ktm2007 View Post
    There would be enough resources for women and children in need. People with ... Addiction problems would not be branded with such a negative stigma by the rest of society....AND there would be enough resources to help these people (Can you guess what I do for a living??)
    I'd guess something where you don't care if men had enough resources...but only women and kids?

Given my druthers, I'd make every person on welfare, ADC, unemployment...anything where they receive a government handout to have to take a drug test. If they tested positive, they wouldn't get a check that week and would have to come back the next week to be drug tested. If I'm willing to be drug tested due to my job, why shouldn't the welfare recipients have to be tested. 0 tolerance for druggies.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

The only thing I really think I could do better would be to outlaw lying. By making lying the most heinous of crimes, we might just be able to work out the rest of it. But because there are always people willing to do and say whatever they think will get them an advantage, or are corrupt or just plain deceptive, it is almost impossible to get to honest, fair solutions.

Honest disagreements are generally so much more productive than those with hidden agendas.

SCFarm
    The above post is an opinion, just an opinion. If it were a real live fact it would include supporting links to websites full of people who already agreed with me.

www.southern-cross-farm.com

Quote Originally Posted by LLDM View Post
    The only thing I really think I could do better would be to outlaw lying. By making lying the most heinous of crimes, we might just be able to work out the rest of it. But because there are always people willing to do and say whatever they think will get them an advantage, or are corrupt or just plain deceptive, it is almost impossible to get to honest, fair solutions.

Honest disagreements are generally so much more productive than those with hidden agendas.

SCFarm
    That I vote for.

My wish is that we could read minds, so no one could lie.

I just don't know how that would change people, what downside there would be to not being able to have private thoughts.
    Guess that we would have to learn to be infinitely patient with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakehner View Post
    I'd guess something where you don't care if men had enough resources...but only women and kids?

Given my druthers, I'd make every person on welfare, ADC, unemployment...anything where they receive a government handout to have to take a drug test. If they tested positive, they wouldn't get a check that week and would have to come back the next week to be drug tested. If I'm willing to be drug tested due to my job, why shouldn't the welfare recipients have to be tested. 0 tolerance for druggies.

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-