The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Keurig users... whats your favorite K-cup?

I got one for christmas! We tried all the free samples that came with it... then we went to Walmart... they didn't have any of the flavors we had tried. Of all the samples I tried, I liked Emril Lagasse's coffee the best (I think!). From the Walmart selection, we settled on Green Mountain's "Dark Magic" - Extra Bold. I must say, its very, VERY good!!! It says it has an espresso-like flavor, that pairs well with milk.... which is perfect for us, we ALWAYS put half-and-half in our coffee!! I am very happy with that flavor, but I would love to know what other people like too. Our local department store, where the machine was purchased, carries all the flavors, so convince me to try something new.

I just got one too! I love it So far I've tried the hot chocolate, peppermint tea, candy cane coffee, cinnamon roll coffee. All were delicious!!! I ordered the caramel vanilla, french vanilla, peppermint tea, and more hot chocolate. My parents got me hot apple cider which I'll be picking up today My parents have one so they gave me a bunch of theirs and I'll be trying them slowly but surely
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

I like my coffee dark and bold, also. Emeril's coffee and the Dark Magic are good choices. I like the Newman's Extra Bold and Black Tiger, too. I find the hot chocolate to be too weak, but I add a teaspoon of cocoa, and that makes it much better. Timothy's White Chocolate is pretty good.

Right now, though, I'm loving the Hot Apple Cider. I just picked up a box from Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday, and I can't stop drinking the stuff.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

At Bed Bath and Beyond they have reusable cups so if you find some other coffee that you like you can use those.
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

I drink my coffee black, and my favorite is Green Mountain Nantucket Blend. My Sunday morning treat, but it isn't bold at all. Great depth of flavor.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

Timothy's Winter Carnival. It becomes available at the end of November and you can get it for awhile yet. I buy it on ebay but you can get it online through various vendors.

It says it's flavored but I wouldn't call it that--I don't really care for strong flavors in my coffee but I really like this one. It has just a hint of toffe/caramel in it and it's truly yummy.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

Southern Pecan and I can't find it anywhere local. Guess I'm going to have to order online...
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ok, so I have been drinking the Dark Magic for a couple of days now... and I am WIRED, 24/7!!! Has anyone else that has tried it, experienced this?? I think there may be espresso beans in it... I literally drink one cup in the morning, and nothing else with caffeine in it for the rest of the day, and I haven't been able to sleep for a couple of days.... My ulcer is also really bothering me...I was just wondering if its the coffee, or something else... I have been really stressed out about something thats been going on, personally.

But the coffee tastes amazing...

I love flavored coffee and absolutely ADORE Mocha Nut Fudge. It was perfect for my afternoon cup of coffee when I needed a pick-me-up

Surprisingly, Willy, the darker blends tend to have less caffeine in them than the lighter blends because the beans are roasted longer and the process removes it. Hence, the "Morning Blends" are often light, but have more of a kick.

The lighter and medium roasts of coffees have a higher levels of caffeine than the darker roasts which lose some of the drug during the longer roasting time.
    http://www.volcanicacoffee.com/coffe...ne-content.htm

You just may be drinking more coffee because it tastes better, and the cumulative effects are kicking in.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Surprisingly, Willy, the darker blends tend to have less caffeine in them than the lighter blends because the beans are roasted longer and the process removes it. Hence, the "Morning Blends" are often light, but have more of a kick.

http://www.volcanicacoffee.com/coffe...ne-content.htm

You just may be drinking more coffee because it tastes better, and the cumulative effects are kicking in.
    I guess its just my stress level then... and I can keep drinking my coffee!! Yah!!!
    Interesting website... I have been drinking one cup of joe every morning, for a long time, so I have not increased the amount... BUT what I was drinking before, was instant (hence the reason I just wanted a one-cup brewer). According to the website, instant coffee has a LOT less caffeine in than brewed coffee.