The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Blister Help

Started back riding out this morning. I absolutley depise the galloping saddles over here because they are rock hard, but really not something I can start complaining about.

I have a blister on my butt and it is killing me. Big too! So how and what to pad my butt with!? You know it has to be able to fit under my jeans and not look, well silly.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Oh lord have mercy! I would go with a large flexible-fabric type bandaid, or if that isn't big enough, a gauze bandage with lots and lots of sterile tape. Just one layer of bandage though - you just want to protect it from rubbing.

It's going to hurt no matter what you do - keep it clean and dry as you can, and sit down carefully!
    Proud Member: Bull-snap Haters Clique, Michigan Clique, and Appaloosa Clique!

These are made for heels, but REALLY work on derrieres Link

Leave it on for the recommended time (2+ days), it's worth it.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Thanks for that link blugal. Will have to see if my local pharmacy has those. Would most certainly do the trick!

Hello Again, I am currently using gauze and tape which is tricky to get put on properly, what with not being able to see it exactly! Well mirrors are your friend, but really OMG. Yeah, it is awful sitting.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

you have a blister on your BUTT? OUCH!!! No advice, just sympathy!

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Thanks for that link blugal. Will have to see if my local pharmacy has those. Would most certainly do the trick!

Hello Again, I am currently using gauze and tape which is tricky to get put on properly, what with not being able to see it exactly! Well mirrors are your friend, but really OMG. Yeah, it is awful sitting.

Terri
    Tesco sell them, or something like, if you're close to a Tesco. Bet any of the large supermarkets would.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!