The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default So I have to....

build a half door stall door and I don't know how to do it! I mean, I probably won't be the one to actually build it but I need to come up with a pattern (or whatever it's called). So, can any of you explain how and what materials (wood) I would need? thanks!

My half-doors are made out of 2" thick wood planks. They are layed vertically. They are held together by 1" oak boards; one across the top, one across the bottom, and ones in an "x" between those. They are all screwed together with multiple drywall screws. Hinges are on the 1" oak boards so that the door will open flat against the wall. Hope this helps.

"X" you are awesome! That is perfect. Thank you so much!

I've made them out of 3/4" plywood and 2x4's or 2x6's There pretty easy to make. Just very heavy when completed. If you do plywood make sure you include some cross bracing to prevent warping.
    \"You have two choices when a defining moment comes along - you can either define the moment, or let the moment define you.\" Tin Cup

We do the same as X except we use a "Z" instead of an "X".