The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spill it-Who else is obsessed with their keurig?!

I just got one for Christmas after my parents had one for awhile and I'm in love. I told BF to move over I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning but I love cocoa and tea and someone told me there's hot apple cider, though it's out of stock My parents got me both hot cocoa and cafe mocha. They also gave me a bunch of theirs to try. I just ordered my first set of k-cups. A friend on facebook asked if that was a bra size

So who else has one and what's your favorite drink?
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

jsut to tease you......the apple cider is excellent!!!
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

I'd agree, had my first Hot Apple Cider tonight (snared 2 boxes of 24 k-cups while in stock ).

I also like Green Mountain French Vanilla, Timothy's Cinnamon Pastry, Van Houtte Raspberry Chocolate Truffle (my fav) and Donut House Chocolate Glazed Donut.

I love mine as well!! My boyfriend bought me one for my birthday back in September.

I love to Hot Apple Cider!! In my cabinet I also have Hot Cocoa, Hazelnut coffee, French Vanilla coffee & Butter Toffee coffee.

I love ours. I found the Apple Cider at the local convenience store, it really is pretty good and it's natural, first ingredient on the list is dried apples!

That said, I'm on Keurig number three over several years. Their reliability is not really up to par. First two were Keurig B70s, each lasted about a year before the pump gave out. Ugh. My current one is actually the Cuisinart model...same thing, it went about a year and then started giving me trouble. It's not a mechanical failure this time, however, but, I believe, a software problem having do do with cup size changes or something. It's working consistently now that I've discovered the song and dance it needs to be functional. If it won't pump or dispense (sometimes it's one or the other), I unplug it (not just turn it off), for at least several minutes, take the tank off, put it back. Turn it back on, when it's "Ready", I press the cup size buttons up and down and then hit "rinse". After that, it will brew. Annoying, when it's early in the morning and I want a cup of coffee, but better than the Keurigs, which were just plain broken. It will lose it's mind again after several hours of being on and being used once and a while and need to have it's little ritual done again.

I hope they get this right some day, I really do love the convenience of these machines and the ability for all of us to have what we like (real coffee for me, decaf for husband and hot cocoa for the kids), rather than wasting half a pot of coffee on a weekend morning.

I ADORE mine and gave one as a Christmas present this year so someone else cn adore it, too! It makes the best coffee, ever!

I've had mine, a pretty basic unit, for 2+ years.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

I would really like to get one but the cost and waste of the kcups is extremely unappealing to me. Does anyone use the reusable kcup? Not the one with paper filters but the permanent "basket" style.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

We've had one (a gift) for a couple years and it's all we use anymore!

We, however, have gone to the resuable K cup thingy so we can load our own cheaper coffee (from Hawaii!) and have what we want for less $$ and less waste...

I HAVE found, though, that those reusable cups are very susceptible to the top's edges breaking off if you get coffee grounds on the edge and then screw it on. Keep the lid area clean!

(just finishing my first cup of Keurig coffee now....)
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

I've had mine for about a year now. I have the small model, only makes one cup size, and you have to fill it every time, but that's OK with me. I like my coffee strong, and my favorites are Newman's Own Extra Bold, Coffee People's Black Tiger and Emeril's Extra Bold.

I find the cocoa flavors to be too weak, except for Timothy's White Chocolate, which I love. I do plan to try the cider, the next time that I place an order. Hopefully, it will be back in stock again by that time.

Since I'm not a big coffee drinker, and one or two cups a day is plenty, I love that I don't have to brew a whole pot and see most of it go to waste.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

We have one in the office, and my parents have one, and I have always loved them. My BF got me the Keurig Special Edition brewer for Christmas, and a gift card for about 150 k cups!

I haven't used mine yet, because I just drink my coffee when I get to work, but I will be working from home soon, and then it will get a workout! I like the extra bold too, currently drinking Black Magic, and plan on buying the Jet Fuel from Amazon for at home. I wish I could get my paws on some apple cider!

Black Tiger is my favorite! I have it on a regular shipping schedule from Amazon, with the lighter packaging, they are just sent loose in a cardboard shipping box. The "Extra Bold" coffee does taste better as the regular coffee tends to be weak. We fix the weak hot chocolate issue by dropping a Hershey's Kiss into the bottom of the cup before brewing, it melts and produces richer hot chocolate.

I have one of those "My K-Cup" things, I don't think the coffee that comes out of it is as good as from the K-Cups, though it is handy to have if we run out of cups and need to use loose coffee.

As for the waste, we cut the foil tops off the used K-Cups, dump the coffee into the compost pile or into our house plants and then recycle the cups. Still not perfect, but better than just throwing them all in the trash.

Default LOVE OURS

We love, love, love our keurig!!

The best part was a party we had recently where we were able to cater easily to all our guests requests... apple cider, tea, hot chocolate, decaf, bold, mild, hazelnut, vanilla, etc etc... it was no problem-o to just pop in a k-cup and fill their request. The keurig worked like a rock star all day and several people left suddenly needing one of their own. What a hoot!! There are several sites online to get the k-cups at a reasonable price, and Bed, Bath and Beyond has a HUGE selection, and I always have Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons that I get in the mail.

One thing, though, I asked for a k-cup carosel for X-mas and instead got a k-cup drawer for under the machine, which holds quite a few more k-cups than the carosel, so we were excited about that until we actually put it inder the keurig and found out it doesn't fit under the cabinet. So be careful about that, measure how much room you have first!!

Me, Me, Me..........I use the spare K-Cup thingy and fill it with DD coffee. I order through Green Mountain Coffee and their club offers an extended warranty on my maker. ( I have the biggest one.) I love it but, I find I drink more coffee now than I did before. Bed, Bath and Beyond sells all flavors of the K-cup beverages and they have lots of coupons so I also buy my coffee there. I am finishing my 2nd cup of joe right now.
    "Don't make me go all chestnut mare on you"!

Yep, I wanted one, so I got it for the "family" for Christmas. So far everyone likes it! Great for the hot water for the boys' hot cereal and my evening tea. Gotta use up my regular tea bags before getting K-cups.
    "Beware the hobby that eats."
    Benjamin Franklin

We just got one for Christmas. It was a surprise, since we didn't ask for it and really had no need for one. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but my first though was "where am I going to put that?" as we have very limited counter space already. I don't drink coffee, and the tea kettle doesn't take that long. I do like Chai tea, so if there's good Chai available with the k-cups, I might be persuaded.
    Amateur rider, professional braider.
    ----
    Save a life, adopt a pet.

Don't have one (yet), but it is in the future. And I'm sure I'll obsess about it then.
    Jer 29: 11-13

We have one at work and we love it! My favorites are Pumpkin Spice and Gloria Jean's Mudslide for a great chocolate.

My boss orders k cups directly from Keurig. She had a bunch of issues with her last order, but they were GREAT straightening it out. It took a little while to get her order but she got 3 or 4 free boxes due to the problems. Each issue got her a new free box! You also get free shipping if you order I think 3 boxes at once.

www.coffeewiz.com is a great source for the cups and if you get on their email list, you will get some great deals! I troll that site as well as Amazon for deals to send to my parents. Now I will be buying for me too!

We just got ours 2 days ago. I love the coffee, but I am a bit concerned about it's cost effectiveness. Those little Kcups cost a fortune! DH has been wanting a Keurig for a long time now, so we finally bit the bullet and bought one on sale. Will have to check out coffeewiz! Thanks for the tip

Thanks guys, I soooo appreciate the teasing My Dad did mention that he thought he saw the hot apple cider at bed bath and beyond when they were there so I'll definitely be checking it out! I'm trying the candy cane right now, it's very good! I'm going to have to keep a list
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations