The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Does anyone know of a reputable breeder of Cardigan Welsh Corgis?

I am thinking of getting another one. My family was owned by a beautiful brindle named "Gayla". She lived to be 16 and she was just the best friend ever. I am thinking of looking again. Know anyone?
    "What's so funny 'bout Peace Love and Understanding?" Elvis Costello

Check the AKC website for breeder referrals. There's also a whole series of shows coming up in January in FL. - if they are close to you, you'd likely find breeders to speak to. I don't know exactly where they all are located, know some are in Brooksville? Not sure where that is.

The breeder I got my first Cardi from has a couple of puppies available. She is out in California, I'll send you a PM with her information. I'm considering getting a puppy from this litter myself!
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

Vivian Moran in Waddy, KY.

cardiridge in MO. I have a wonderful male black/white from Marla. Card is are wonderful dogs.

I have a litter of Pembroke's and one buyer asked to keep the tail on because she really wanted a Cardigan .

The Cardigan club of America has a list of FL breeders: http://www.cardigancorgis.com/Breede...play.asp?reg=9
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Former owner of the best Amish-carthorse-turned-eventer ever

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

yes, my former barn owner (former only because I do not have a horse at the moment). She doesn't breed often at all unfortunately. She had a GORGEOUS litter this summer. She kept one of the males as the sire of the litter died within a few days of the pregnancy being confirmed. I don't know if she has plans to go outside to a stud dog and breed anything anytime soon, or wait til Baxter grows up. her contact info is on her website -- www.itolt.com
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

I'm a member of the Chesapeake Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club up here in the MidAtlantic - and so I know a bunch of folks in this area who breed Cardis. (I have three myself, and my folks have 2 - I do agility, primarily, and several of my dogs are breeder placements/rescues, so I'm not as familiar with the folks who are breeding for conformation dogs or who do a lot of herding as I am with the agility/obedience folks.)
    Our club's list of breeders:
    http://www.chesapeakecardigans.org/r...s/breeders.htm
    (I know most of them, I think.)
    I also know a couple of folks in the PA/NJ area who do lots of performance, so I see them and their dogs at agility and obedience trials -
    Beth Magnus is great - her kennel is Hedgerow, Sue Stephon (Tayken) is wonderful, and Donna Lundquist's Corwynt dogs do a ton of performance work - and I think they're all pretty successful in the breed ring as well, I just know them through agility!