The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are you single too?

hmm another christmas another year I am single. I used to care. Now, not so much. It kind of scares me a bit that I would rather be by myself than with a boyfriend or even friends at times.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

yup...since 1997
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

There's absolutely nothing wrong to feel that way.

I lived alone along time before getting married and between having my horse and all my barn friends, a busy job, and acquaintances there as well, I loved being single.

People always asked me if I was lonely. NO. I'm alone, but not lonely.

It's really what you make of it and sometimes it is nice to be alone, and just do what you want.

Yup, single here, too. I totally get what you are saying. In fact, I did think yesterday how nice it was that I didn't have to worry about being here at this time and there at that time, in order to not disappoint anyone or have the other's family feel slighted because "we" didn't eat dinner with them or open presents first thing in the morning, or whatever their tradition is.

I hope that I meet the right guy for me, but in the meantime, I am quite content to go along only having to worry about doing what makes me happy

Is it possible to get married, but live in separate houses, still love each other and just go on dates? Not actually live together? I want that! I *love* living alone, but I love my boyfriend too.

yeah i am really enjoying my time out of the city right now on my parents farm in the middle of nowhere...it is cold out, the fire is going....I sat with my mom beading jewelery..and tonight we are going to the barn together and test out the new grooming kit I gave her for the horses...life is good..I even had an afternoon nap..hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by cute_lil_fancy_pants_pony View Post
    Is it possible to get married, but live in separate houses, still love each other and just go on dates? Not actually live together? I want that! I *love* living alone, but I love my boyfriend too.
    Wouldn't that be great!!! But, then again, I'd be stuck cleaning two seperate houses...

Oh Hell no! No cleaning!!

Men clean too, they just do it differently from women. As in men never dust. In fact, men need a coat of dust because it tells them where to put stuff back.

Quote Originally Posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
    Men clean too, they just do it differently from women. As in men never dust. In fact, men need a coat of dust because it tells them where to put stuff back.
    Yup, like "Honey if you're going to vacuum, could you also do under the bed?"

First time single for Christmas in 5 years...
    I would be TOTALLY FINE with it... if I wasn't STRANDED on top of a mountain with my family. If I could be with ponies, I'd be as happy as can be..
    Honestly, the lack of stress before Christmas has been AMAZING... no shopping craziness- only shopped for my family (all 5 of us) and my best friend.
    LOVED it
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

Being single this Christmas has been a blessing. It's a tough time of year due to family drama and I was very uncomfortable bringing in a new relationship into that kind of stress. Not to be anyways... cheating b*tch!
    Riding the winds of change

Heeling NRG Aussies
    Like us on facebook!

Last year I was single and mad about it for christmas.

This year I wasn't so mad and had a nice quiet family christmas.
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

I've been single for a long time. I got tired of being played and having my heart broken, so I haven't even dated in a very long time. Most of the time I really don't mind, but it's tough on me during the holidays, especially as I am somewhat estranged from my immediate family.
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

yeah I am tired of games, and men's genreral lack of enthusiasm for a relationship here in Toronto. I am siick of the one always trying. I like being by myself. and with my horses. Although I am a little worried about one of my old horses here on my mom's farm. he as a weird swollen sheath..I posted aabout it in the off course forum.

Me! I am single and I just turned 29. I thought by this point in my life I would be married but honestly I like being single. I am open to a relationship but am not pursuing one. I think as time goes on I get more set in my ways and I am happy to not have to compromise. I have a great job and live well and I wouldn't say I am lonely though I am alone. I actually really enjoy my alone time. It is a little sad for me sometimes as I have an unrequited love thing with my longest time friend but that is because I love him not because I want a boyfriend. Cheers to all of the single people!

Young single professional here too.

Now the real question is how would I shoehorn a relationship into my already packed life? And what guy is going to be OK with a barn full of pansy dressage horses and a house full of poodles?

Quote Originally Posted by amm2cd View Post
    Young single professional here too.

Now the real question is how would I shoehorn a relationship into my already packed life? And what guy is going to be OK with a barn full of pansy dressage horses and a house full of poodles?
    HAHAHA! I think about this sometimes too. Every night my dogs take over my queen-sized bed so that there is barely enough room for me, I can't imagine trying to squeeze another person in there!
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cranky View Post
    HAHAHA! I think about this sometimes too. Every night my dogs take over my queen-sized bed so that there is barely enough room for me, I can't imagine trying to squeeze another person in there!
    That's when we will have to invest into a California king...
    Dogs take up most of my bed as well!!
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

Single and fine with it. Do I hope to be in a relationship at some point? Absolutely. Am I going to change who I am for someone else, or just to get a guy? Nope. The right guy will find me eventually, and I am patient. Then there is that dog thing... Mine are bed hogs too! Oh, and the moving every few months - FL, NC, KY, NC, FL - winter to summer to winter.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II