The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Holiday Horsey Gift Do You wish to re-gift

I can offer up a "Sea Biscuit Print Framed

Rocking Horse Faux Wrought Iron ktichen spoon holder w/ Serving Spoons

Machine made Needle Point/Velvet Pillow w/ Western Horses Running theru Pine trees.

Metal 2 Dimesnional wall plaque in Black Silver and White with 3 horse heads n Flowing manes.

Wood and Paper Mache horse headed (no ears) hoof hand feet boy?? that sits on something...thingy???

Leather covered horse with western tack. Looks downright E-V-I-L. -barf-
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Plastic lying on it's back bay horse liquor bottle holder. Although he does kind of look like my gelding, who is cute.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

I got it a few years ago, I think for my birthday or something.. But I still hate the thing!
    It's a completely white porcelain horse head, that comes out of the wall. Its ears make it look like a donkey, and I think I've broken the ears off twice now and reglued them. And when you mount it on the wall, it looks like a pig.
    So ugly >.<
    In my opinion a horse is the animal to have. Eleven-hundred pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs. Its something you just can't get from a pet hamster.
    In The Nick of Time

there needs to be a warning on this thread not to start reading the discriptions with anything in your mouth. I almost choked on my reese's mini from laughing.
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    Plastic lying on it's back bay horse liquor bottle holder. Although he does kind of look like my gelding, who is cute.
    I've got that. It totally doesn't fit anywhere in my decor and completely not my taste but I actually have begun to *like* him.

Okay...send me the pics (wendin@specialhorses.org). I will post here, and interested parties can barter with each other.

All my SS gifts are in transit, and my family did not exchange gifts. All I received is what I asked for - warm warm waterproof barn gloves and a supplex balaclava. So maybe we could all work something out...remember the John Deere clock?
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Sorry, no pictures to post. It's already made it's way to Lori's store
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Ahhh yes... Lori's store. Where I send all my unwanted horsey items. It's like the Land of Misfit Toys.
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    Ahhh yes... Lori's store. Where I send all my unwanted horsey items. It's like the Land of Misfit Toys.
    Yup! - And it alllll sells eventually

ssshhh...I can't post details, but suffice it to say that I received a gift from someone who had made similar gifts for other friends. Their gifts were very nice. Mine was in a puke color. Glaringly puke. Offsetting puke. The kind of puke color that when people would enter the house, they would puke.

What to do, what to do?

Sent it off to Hoof and Woof! Lori told me it sold for $5. Hey, that still buys 2 tubes of ivermectin!
    Last edited by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"; Dec. 27, 2010 at 04:43 PM.
    www.specialhorses.org

Did anyone else's horse get them Riding Lessons for Christmas? Not that I want to regift them. I had expressed an interest in lessoning with this person, and am very glad to get the certificates. It just struck me funny the next day.

To: Rider

Please learn to ride better this year
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

Did anyone else's horse get them Riding Lessons for Christmas? Not that I want to regift them. I had expressed an interest in lessoning with this person, and am very glad to get the certificates. It just struck me funny the next day.

Well, I guess I am glad my horse doesn't care about me enough to get me a gift, as I am sure I would have received the same message- only not as politely worded.

You are my hero of the week !!!

I would like to know where Lori's store is, web site?

No website for the store itself, but her main site = www.sunkissedacres.com

As of January 10th, the store will be moving to its NEW location, where (very thankfully) it will have heat! Alas, the store she was in only had heat in one wee section

I made an Amazon.com gift list this year so that I would get what I wanted. No one else in the family is horsey, so I get some strange gifts. One year I got a western bit and a set of western saddle bags ....I ride dressage?????

Well, this year I figured I had it covered. My son comes over Christmas day and is going on about how he got me the best present and that everyone was going to be jealous. I was so excited to open his gift. It was a set of 4 non-horsey place mats for my kitchen that didn't match any of the colors in my kitchen. Go figure.
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans. RiverDance

All the Polar fleece jackets with horses running thru Pine trees and snow in such aweful colors are now saddle covers!!

The hideous wrought iron big cicle thingy...Hangs on a Barn side?? with the flowing tail and definate Saddle Seat Prance/stance got anchored into a leaking water trough..filled with dirt and trained Ivy to grow on it.

One eared western bridle went in a box to basement.

As an aside, DGRH, which barn gloves did you get? Warm and waterproof and a small woman's size seems to be an unknown quantity in my local farm store...

Mountain Horse Storm. Waterproof, fleece lined, and with the all important cuffs so that, let's say, you need to take off a glove to open the pasture gate latch or a halter throat latch buckle, and you stuff it into your pocket...and it falls on the dark ground...I don't know about you, but I can't tell a dark crumpled glove from poopy mud in the dark, and you kind of don't want to find out it isn't your glove without gloves on, if you know what I mean.

These are bulkier than I like, but I hate gloves in general. Considering that they are waterproof and warm, they seem to maintain some dexterity. And when it's 20oF or below, as it seems to want to be...

I am not sure where she got them. Adams maybe?
    www.specialhorses.org