The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are your favorite computer or xbox, wii, ps games?

Or what are you playing now? I've just started Spore and really enjoy it....what are your fav's? or new games?

Harvest Moon, though I have not played in a long time (I actually have the gamecube version, but it plays on the Wii)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I am playing Lunar Silver Star Harmony on my new PSP at the moment. I played the original game when I was a kid.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Well, my game (mentioned in my "Am I going to Hell" thread, I won't plug it shamelessly) LOL! No, seriously, it's pretty beta and broken right now. Snerk.

I LOVE Katamari. Love! And Lair! Rawr rawr stompy dragon eat people...

Assasin's Creed is eyecandy. Right now I'm watching husband play through Mass Effect 2.

I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft, I really, really am tempted to buy Cataclysm and start playing with the guildies again, but the war-crack, it's so tempting... and I have so much to do.... >_>
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

Quote Originally Posted by littleum View Post
    I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft, I really, really am tempted to buy Cataclysm and start playing with the guildies again, but the war-crack, it's so tempting... and I have so much to do.... >_>

DOOO EET

you won't recognize Azeroth!
    (I am sure you can get a free trial!)
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    DOOO EET

you won't recognize Azeroth!
    (I am sure you can get a free trial!)
    Stopppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp, my guildies already ply me. I'm a pretty kick-ass healer (all my toons are Healies, my main was a priest) so you know, hey, how rare is a willing and eager Healer with skillz?

I just don't have time to devote to our raid schedual. (Progression guild)
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

Quote Originally Posted by littleum View Post
    Stopppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp, my guildies already ply me. I'm a pretty kick-ass healer (all my toons are Healies, my main was a priest) so you know, hey, how rare is a willing and eager Healer with skillz?

I just don't have time to devote to our raid schedual. (Progression guild)
    LOL!!!!

DOO EET

actually, tanks are harder to come by!

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    LOL!!!!

DOO EET

actually, tanks are harder to come by!
    Man, I am a TERRIBLE tank. Me as a bear tank is just my guildmates saying "Wow, Icky, just go heal something, seriously..."

hehehehehe, yeah, I am DPS, heal when I think about it...I just don't have the tanking mindset

I can DEEPEEESSS...

/Assist
    /faceroll maco

I am a computer game adict, I admit it I play way to many.

Love the time consuming ones (I am at home and unable to do things I used to beable to do) I play any of the hidden object/hidden adventure games fI can find, I also love the match games have alot of the jewel quest games
    and the match quest games. Love Bejeweled and peggle.

Wii:
    New Super Mario Bros Wii
    Wipeout (hilarious)
    Rockband/Guitar Hero
    Mario Kart
    Mario/Sonic Winter Olympics
    ~ Unexpected ~

Everyone I know that plays WOW tells me not to start! They say its really hard to get into and ultra addicting....is it that hard to learn? Ive held off because of time, but I'm dying to load it on my computer....what level should I play?

Xbox:

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Got it for Christmas and Love IT!!! Not a lot of diversity of guns due to the era however you do get a cross bow--and the content is great, attention to detail superb. They also have a Zombies portion which is absolutely hysterical!!

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Everyone I know that plays WOW tells me not to start! They say its really hard to get into and ultra addicting....is it that hard to learn? Ive held off because of time, but I'm dying to load it on my computer....what level should I play?

LOL, there is only one level to start up, at the bottom. And the people tha5t tell you not to start aren't gamers!

You can download a free trial.
    To play with your friends, you need to know the realm they are playing on, and the faction they are in (Horde or alliance) then you have the choice of 10 classes.

It's pretty self explanatory as you go along, most people are eager to help a new guy out but the tenor can be a little rough at times. Ok, outright crude, but all within reason.

It is addictive when real life sucks, but when things go well I find most people drop the habit in favor of real things.

but it is a big life stealer. You just want to play a little while you have coffee, next thing you know it's noon...

I would love to try 'Assassin's Creed' Brotherhood, but we don't have any of the consoles it plays on...

well, the one guy was a WOW addict...he played all day and all night (except at work)...I don't know how it is set up but he told me to start in one particular world because it would be easier to learn and not as hard core Perhaps? I can't remember at all what area it was and we don't talk anymore .... I have the CD's...but they are old...can I use them now? Do i have to play online? Is that the best way to learn?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

well, the one guy was a WOW addict...he played all day and all night (except at work)...I don't know how it is set up but he told me to start in one particular world because it would be easier to learn and not as hard core Perhaps? I can't remember at all what area it was and we don't talk anymore .... I have the CD's...but they are old...can I use them now? Do i have to play online? Is that the best way to learn?
    You can go to the website and sign up for a free trial that lasts several days or so. Then you download the software directly to your PC. The CDs require a product key which you may not still have, not to mention you'd have to download numerous large files (patches) to get the software up to date if you installed it from the CDs.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

yes, the old CDs work fine. it's online only. so you jump in.
    it's easy. you start of in an area where everything is your level then as your character grows you move about the world.

main option you do have - and hat is your personal choice - whether or not you like a lot of duel action with other players. You can go role playing with minimal player vs player action to outright player vs player 'PvP' realms.

It's up to you how you feel about that.

as a whole the players are normally very helpful to new people.

use to play EverCrack (Everquest) 24/7...now in rehab for MMORPGs. I have to stay away from Wow for now...I have kids. lol

OMG, my hubby got me one of those iGallop core execisers~ so I slung a pair of stirrups on it and ride it in 2 point while playing video games. Its too funny, but hey its really helped with my aim.

Favorite console games:
    XBox
    Halo ~ all of em
    Rainbow Six 3

PS3
    Gears of War~all
    Borderlands
    COD's
    Been playing Lead and Gold on playstion live. Its a hoot.

I will always love a good first person shooter.
    Last edited by leslie645; Dec. 27, 2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: game play techniques

I had never played on the PSP/PS3 system before last Christmas, but my stepkids and husband got me hooked on Little Big Planet. I am terrible at the game (mainly because I'm not familiar with the controls/buttons) but it makes us all laugh like crazy people when we all play it together.

No matter how tired we can get after all of the Christmas festivities and visits, this one brings everyone back to life and closes the evening on a very happy note...

Can't wait until the new game comes out next month!