The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Mustang Mare in Northern, Va.

We have a lovely 14h mustang mare that we need to rehome, boarding 2 horses in this economy with college on the horizon is more than we can handle. Annie is totally sound, beginner safe, an easy keeper, and can go barefoot (though she is wearing front shoes at present). My daughter has had her for over five years and she trained Annie using natural horsemanship techniques. Annie is such a wonderful horse that my daughter can ride her bareback without a bridle. She will make a wonderful pleasure horse and she absolutely loves to trail ride.
    Annie has been a big part of my daughter's development both as a rider and as a person so she is very invested in finding just the right home (absolutely no dealers) and she will want to meet with you to see if Annie is a good match, we would like vet references, and we would like to visit the place where Annie would be going. Daughter would like to reserve the right to visit once in awhile.

Annie is on a maintenance dose of Regumate which costs about $100 per month. We just renewed her prescription for 3 months so whatever is left will go with her.

If you think you might be interested, please contact me and I will send you photos. Please provide phone # and e-mail.

Thanks so much for considering this wonderful mare.

Can you tell us why she's on the regumate?

She could be on the regumate because she is turned out with geldings. I have a gelding that cannot be turned out with my mare unless she is on regumate.

or she is really marish and her cycles make her really moody.

Could be the boarding barn requested she be on the regumate to make their lives easier for turnout of this particular mare.

You need to like mares
    *Every horse is a self-portrait of the rider....Autograph your work with excellence.*
    Supporting Nokotas www.nokotahorse.org
    Lipizzan's rock! http://rigitta.blogspot.com/

Default Mustang Mare In Northern Va.

Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    Can you tell us why she's on the regumate?
    She is on Regumate because she has an ovarian cyst. Without the Regumate she is moody, and in pain just like a woman with an ovarian cyst. She also is constantly in heat.

We tried Depo to save money and that did not work for her at all. She is happier and not in pain nor in heat on the Regumate.

No barn owner has ever told her to use Regumate. The decision was made between my daughter and her vet in the best interest of our sweet mustang.

Hope I answered your question.
    Picture is available if you wish.
    Last edited by Morty n Annie's girl; Dec. 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: add photo

Yes, thank you.

ETA: I hope you find the perfect home for her. She sounds wonderful. My daughter needs a babysitter like that but we're too far for the meeting (we're near MI). My first horse was a Mustang and she packed me around for years....I'd love to have another for my own daughter...I wish we were closer!
    Last edited by hundredacres; Dec. 28, 2010 at 02:35 PM.