The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: So. What is your personal grooming style?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hairy like a Sasquatch, baby!

6 3.95%
  • Landing Strip

40 26.32%
  • Vegas Concrete Lawn aka Bald as Yul Brenner

44 28.95%
  • Au Natural like the 70s fur bikinis

7 4.61%
  • I braid mine. Sometimes I even do a French braid with beads!

4 2.63%
  • A little trimming just to make it tidy.

54 35.53%
  • WTF are you people going on about?

5 3.29%
  • You kids. Get off my lawn!

7 4.61%
  • I'm pierced too. Heh.

3 1.97%
  • Plus a very very private tattoo. Or tattoos.

2 1.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Grooming Habits Poll

Spinoff of the Grooming Habits thread - double dog dare ya to answer! I'll make it anonymous.

Here's the original thread for the WTF are you going on about people:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=278927
    Last edited by EponaRoan; Nov. 12, 2010 at 12:01 AM.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

I'm not even going to lie. I do absolutely nothing. I've got nobody in my life right now, so I just don't even bother. I might trim the, uh, length of hair, but for the most part, it's wild and untamed.

Now I'm going to disappear for a few weeks. Heh.
    Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Am thrilled to see that 50% of the voting population thus far has the Vegas concrete (including myself).

Every time I see 'fur bikini' I can't stop laughing.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

ROFLMAO!! Thank you for the Poll!

Quote Originally Posted by lcw579 View Post
    ROFLMAO!! Thank you for the Poll!
    Ditto!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

Can you add a category?

Vajazzled up for special occasions-- you know, sequins to match the cocktail dress and/or to help the drunk guy find his way after the party.

I don't know how to answer as I'm in the process of contemplating relandscaping. You know from HGTV, that's a job that takes some forethought and prep.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

No need to hide, I keep the lawn trimmed and edged on a regular basis. Never was one for a concrete walkway, and am too cheap to pay a gardner for something I can do myself.

Look, I'm lucky if I can keep my head on and my wits about me. If I look down I get vertigo. So I have no clue what is happening there. It's like I'm an absentee landlord.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Okay, who is daring enough to admit they answered "Hairy like a Sasquatch, baby!"

So far we have four....

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Can you add a category?

Vajazzled up for special occasions-- you know, sequins to match the cocktail dress and/or to help the drunk guy find his way after the party.

I don't know how to answer as I'm in the process of contemplating relandscaping. You know from HGTV, that's a job that takes some forethought and prep.
    MVP, you always crack me up!!!

Okay, I'll play!

Big fan of the landing strip here. Worst experience I ever had was with an aesthetician who either misunderstood me or I communicated wrong, because before I knew it, I was well on the way to Vegas Concrete and there was no turning back unless I wanted to have half a landing strip...Aaaaack!!!

Never.Again.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Can you add a category?

OMG...do a google search using the word "vajazzle". Make sure you are not in a public place when you do it...

I had no idea, I thought MVP was making up a new word!!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

sadly, after all these years, that thing has haired up and grown over. I can't even think about using the ol' gal unless several conditions are met. Kid has to be way asleep or even better, gone. Freshly showered, shaved and within the inner limits of lawn maintenance for me. Clean sheets, air conditioning and not too late or I'm just too tired. There better be nothing on my mind to distract me or poop! I'm over here mentally while you are down there.

Poor guy, we go in stints. But mostly, the effort is just too much. Anyone want to go over to the happy marriage thread? I swear, we have a great one but at my age, being ready for the prom just ain't on my radar most of the time. That said, when I start to look like Uncle Lou's comb over, i do crack out the brush hog and head out to the back forty for an afternoon!
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

Can you add a category?

Sorry, I don't think I can edit the poll and I did the maximum number of questions. Meant to do vajazzled, but did "you kids get off my lawn instead".

I am totally shaved and I do it every single day and that way nothing itches or anything I also just like it it doesn't matter if I am anticipating activity or anything

Quote Originally Posted by winfieldfarm View Post
    sadly, after all these years, that thing has haired up and grown over. I can't even think about using the ol' gal unless several conditions are met. Kid has to be way asleep or even better, gone. Freshly showered, shaved and within the inner limits of lawn maintenance for me. Clean sheets, air conditioning and not too late or I'm just too tired. There better be nothing on my mind to distract me or poop! I'm over here mentally while you are down there.

Poor guy, we go in stints. But mostly, the effort is just too much. Anyone want to go over to the happy marriage thread? I swear, we have a great one but at my age, being ready for the prom just ain't on my radar most of the time. That said, when I start to look like Uncle Lou's comb over, i do crack out the brush hog and head out to the back forty for an afternoon!
    winfield, you crack me up. It's like choreographing the launch of the space shuttle. Here for me, too, but most of my other friends barely need a rocket or a launching pad (snort!) and they're good to go! Ooooh well
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

If we could only do this, we could be less bothered by occasional (or permanent) untidiness of the lawn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8FfFwtL91Q
    Fear is the rocket sauce.
    Jack Black

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

no doubt, bits. Poor guy, he starts checking the forecast and preparing the crew days in advance of the launch knowing full well that the lift off might get pulled right down to the last minute. Bless him...he's so patient. I'm beginning to think that the female species could very well go without sex after child birth till death.
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

'cuz you know you wanna ask that burning question ...

Au natural... but then again, I just don't grow a lot of hair anywhere below the waist... I only shave my legs once a month or so. Be jealous!