The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You might consider my stallion Contempo. While I don't suggest him for every situation, he does have a great deal of aptitude for eventing. I competed up to Prelim and worked for some Olympic and UL eventers and rode many of their horses, so I am not clueless in this regard.

He is an excellent mover, compact and extremely athletic, and has a HUGE gallop stride. He can leave out strides easily, but can also add in two if you want, he is so adjustable.

I took him XC schooling once a couple years ago and he is very brave and loved it. I schooled him over a number of prelim questions, including the prelim water, and that was his only XC experience.

He is a lighter type, and about 16h, so you would be likely to get something not too drastically different from your mare, but hopefully a bit more sensible and fancy, while maintaining the sensitivity to the aids, etc.

Feel free to email or PM if you want more information. He is not officially at stud yet, but I am offering some discounted and free breedings to MOs with nice mares who intend to show the offspring. He showed 4'3" with me this past summer after only a year of showing, and I am a rusty amateur and he is blind in one eye and formerly mistreated. That says something about his temperament, I think.

Good luck in your search!
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Super Star.

He's a great choice if you want a smaller horse out of a TB mare. He passes on a confident temperament, serious intelligence, dressage movement and a lovely gallop and jump.

My young SS mare is out of my hot, opinionated, dressage-loathing TB. While her two half-sisters tolerate dressage but much prefer to run and jump, the SS mare works hard at everything (she does love to work). She's been a dream to ride from the day we sat on her and was packing kids in lessons at age 4. She starts eventing next year.

(Super Star's owner posts here as Winsock.)

I have a son of It's The Luck of The Irish (Tully Cross Farm), and I cannot say enough good things about him. He's got a wonderful brain. But. (and this could've come from the mare's side as she's unpapered). He's HUGE - pushing 18 hands out of a 16.2 hand mare, by a 16.2 hand sire. So. Something to consider. I love love love him though - he's super easy to handle and very smart.

Your mare is lovely - what's her breeding?
    -Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by AppJumpr08 View Post
    I have a son of It's The Luck of The Irish (Tully Cross Farm), and I cannot say enough good things about him. He's got a wonderful brain. But. (and this could've come from the mare's side as she's unpapered). He's HUGE - pushing 18 hands out of a 16.2 hand mare, by a 16.2 hand sire. So. Something to consider. I love love love him though - he's super easy to handle and very smart.

He has a great brain! Some of the younger stock by him at Tully Cross aren't that big I believe...but he's probably not one to consider if you want to stay small. He's a pretty substanstial boy. I was just grooming him today! He's too cute but didn't like the braid I put in his forelock!

Quote Originally Posted by AppJumpr08 View Post

Yeah, I'm 5'2. Even the though of something over 16.3 makes me cry

She is by Judge TC out of Cheryl's Way. I've never seen her dam, but I swear that if I could get a hold of her, I'd keep her forever and just breed fabulous little eventing machines.
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.p...g=5&p=0&f=1&l=

Some stallions that were suggested to me and were on the top of my 2011 list. One of them might be what you are looking for

A fine romance

http://www.afineromance.ca/offspring.html

Sea accounts

http://www.debracysporthorses.com/De..._Accounts.html

Gatsby

http://www.foxdalefarm.us/gatsby.htm

Aloha

http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/aloha.htm

Navarone (Jus de Pomme x Armstrong) throws fabulous eventers and crosses VERY well with the TBs. He has the jumping talent AND has competed to Grand Prix dressage himself. The #1 thing he throws is fabulous temperaments. Love to work and very personable. Would be very good with your mare.

Kathy
    Majestic Gaits-Dutch Warmbloods,#1 USEF Dressage Sporthorse Breeder. #1 KWPN-NA Jumpers.Standing Navarone,Schroeder,Dante MG.VDL Frozen. Approval KWPN Han OLD RPSI BWP Canadian SWANA sBs SF Holst

A million votes for the Connemara, ArdCeltic Art. He's fabulous and ammy friendly... he made his eventing debut at age 4, competing BN with a 14 year old rider! He can school prelim stadium and give a pony ride to an adult beginner the next day. A few months ago, he went out at Intermediate for the first time and won. He's 15 hands, so not terribly small, but you won't have to worry about ending up with a monster foal.

And he has awesome sperm .