The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default When does GOV issue papers on 2010 foals?

I'm in the process of selling a foal that was inspected by GOV in late 2010. When typically does the official registration paper arrive?

Thanks. Derid

I'm curious as well!
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

If they are anything like the VhW, early in the New year.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

They often get papers from the early tours out before the end of the year. I think they have lost the person in the Verband office that normally handles the NA paperwork, though (I believe she retired due to health issues), so they could be behind. Sometimes papers get held up for the later tours due to backlogs at the lab that processes the DNA for parentage verification - if tons of DNA samples from other registries hit at the same time, it takes them a while to work through them all.

For those who are going to lifetime record weanlings with USEF and need to file before the end of the year, you can use a Coggins test as a proof of age in lieu of registration papers.

i received my papers from the July inspection about a month ago, but nothing yet from the October inspection. Typically, they do take a while, but keep track because I have had things get lost in the past. In fact, one of my broodmares lost her papers entirely through this process.

We also had a very odd situation in July. A client's papers were sent to her address but in a different state. It is a miracle they made their way to her. Name of the foal was also wrong. Point being, it's not a bad idea to keep checking in case they were mailed and got lost.

My foal was inspected in early August at the Dreamscape Farms inspection and I have not received papers yet.

Spoke to GOV a few days ago and I was told my mares papers were in Germany for entry into MMB (?). Said they would call back about status to get her papers back and get entry into the MMB complete. Still waiting. She was inspected in August. GOV seems very different from other registries in terms of procedure.