The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wide Noseband Question Again.

Ok so here we go . Found another website with a version of the "Wide" noseband Hunter Bridle.
    What are your thoughts or opinions about this one.
    http://www.thecountrysaddler.com/LEGACY.html

OH and then there is Ann K Hubbard's Tack . She has one that is also being reviewed alot as well.

It is the Raised Hunter Bridle with Fancy Stitching .
    I know it is not the Jimmy's but this one seems to be getting alot of great reviews as well
    "YOU create your own stage. The audience is waiting."

Read the thread on the Jimmy's bridle and be glad it isn't one. I know someone on these forums has a custom Legacy bridle and posted a photo and it looked beautiful in the picture. I have heard only positive comments about them but have no personal experience. I think I did read recently that they take forever to make a custom bridle though.

I know . I know . There is no way I would ever buy a Jimmy's now .
    BUT these others here seem very nice . And once on the sites they look good.

It is very pretty looking. If you're considering the stock bridle, why not ask them if its returnable if you don't like it? I did that with an Edgewood from Farmhouse and they agreed to issue me a refund if I returned it promptly and unused. (None of my local shops carried the Edgewood brand and I had never seen one before.)

I am on the phone now with Legacy . And sounds quite lovely . I wonder if anyone else on here has had a Bridle done by him.

I own a custom Legacy - the leather is FABULOUS, the hand, the quality. The bridle fits the peanut head - TB with a 1/2" over large pony head. I've had it since 2006. Probably the nicest bridle I've owned. I've owned a few. Mostly New Cavalry.

Here it is. No fancy stitching because with all that white on his face he doesn't need any more decoration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0007.JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	31552  

Also consider the Dover Hunter Derby bridle--I have several and love the quality to price ratio. I also am a big fan of the ADT bridles--love the leather and the "Tribute" (allegedly designed for Scott Stewart pfhhhttt) is gorgeous.

http://www.mortack.com/hunter_bridles.htm

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product...&ids=135983006
    Last edited by REH; Dec. 22, 2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: add ADT link and Dover Link

Did anyone else have a look at those fancy stitched braided reins on the Legacy site? Not quite the plaited reins I covet (I have one beautiful, ancient pair I guard with my life) but pretty darn nice all the same!

I'm in love with my Aramas Wide Noseband bridle. It's fancy stitched, but not padded. I probably should've gone cob as the browband sits a little low because the crown is too long. My horse has a long, thin face. He needs horse cheeks, but cob cavessons, etc. The leather is LOVELY, especially for a bridle that cost $170. (See it here and here)
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Now I have recently heard horrible things about the quality and craftsmanship of the Dover Hunter Derby .
    People are saying not so good.
    And as for the Aramas. one prior thread stated that the " Nose band cracked " and had to be restitched or replaced.
    So kind of scared of that brand too. LOL .

Now Seal Harbour . YOUR bridle is very lovely I might add.

What about the Wellfleet wide noseband from Smartpak?
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

No not so much .
    Looked at it and was actually NOT impressed at all by it .

BUT it really sounds like Anne K. Hubbard has some very nice Top Of The Line bridles.
    She was telling me about the comparison of her's to the Jimmy's and her detailing seems very close .
    Also , the quality she states is very high end and he has (2) different ones to choose from. One made in Englad. and The other made in USA.....

Quote Originally Posted by Equinoxfox View Post
    Now I have recently heard horrible things about the quality and craftsmanship of the Dover Hunter Derby .
    People are saying not so good.
    And as for the Aramas. one prior thread stated that the " Nose band cracked " and had to be restitched or replaced.

I have consistently been impressed with the quality of the top-of-the-line Dover "in house" leather products. I have several of the girths as well. I'm happy to show you mine if you'd like to see some in action.

Personally, I'm in love with my Pariani wide noseband bridle. The leather came supple and has stayed that way, and the craftsmanship is wonderful. My TB looks great in it. The only thing I wish it had was a roller buckle on the noseband. The reins are amazing as well.. hardly any work to break them in.

Really Pariani ?? and who makes this and who carries the brand. Have not seen it on the circuit anyplace.
    Do you have more details on it please.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinoxfox View Post
    Interesting. I'll let you know if mine cracks. So far it's absolutely gorgeous and for the price I don't think it can be beat. It broke in easily, taking oil fantastically (mine was "chestnut" when it started...oiled it twice before use and it was havana. Needs to be done again as you can tell the oil has been all used up by the leather), didnt crack with me rolling it to soften the pieces, and is soft without being mushy.

I don't think there is a single bridle you aren't going to find some negative feedback about. :shrug:
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Horseloverz.com carries it, though I ordered mine originally from Classic Saddlery. I got mine in chocolate, but it comes in a few different 'colors'. Also comes with the reins.

http://www.horseloverz.com/Pariani-F...pr-512800.html

Some info on the company:

http://www.pariani.it/HomeEng.asp?lang=eng

Seal Harbor, you are the person I was thinking of and referred to in my first post. I knew someone here had a picture of their Legacy, just couldn't remember who. Your horse is a beauty, and so is his bridle.