The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for Information About 2001 TB Gelding From Camelot

I am looking for some information on my ottb gelding who I picked up from Camelot in March. He's had a ton of training on him and has obviously been a show horse at some point. He knows how to counter canter, his changes and leg yielding. He's been through some kind of accident as he was afraid to jump at first, now he jumps whatever I point him at. He's a 10 mover and jumper and is extremely fancy. First show I took him to I had 4 or 5 offers to buy him from some pretty well known trainers
    What I know, Paddy's registered with the Jockey Club as Our Ruby. He's a 2001 model and raced until 2005 and then was sold to a woman in Poolesville MD as an "A" Hunter Prospect and ended up at Camelot in March. He was supposedly a hunt horse, but he's afraid of water, jumping outside of the ring and other horses, so I dont know how that worked. I'd love to know about him and his past if anyone knows him.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...53033477&saved

http://www.grandstridesphoto.com/ja_...4_10_0102.html He's in the rest of the photos in the album.

Thanks!!!

ETA: He needs a show name if anyone has any suggestions
    Last edited by ForeverandAlways; Dec. 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM.

Sounds like, what with the training and the initial "afraid to jump"that perhaps he was a dressage horse and not a hunter at all. Try posting on the dressage board maybe?
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    Sounds like, what with the training and the initial "afraid to jump"that perhaps he was a dressage horse and not a hunter at all. Try posting on the dressage board maybe?
    In his description at Camelot it said that he had been used as a show hunter and a field hunter. I'm gonna crosspost it though, Thanks!

They aren't well known for being accurate. Contact name on coggins?
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    They aren't well known for being accurate. Contact name on coggins?
    The coggins was taken before he shipped out, so it was Camelot for the contact name. They also won't release the consigners name, so I turned to coth to see if I could find someone that knew him

I'd edit your title to include a better description like "2001 TB from Canada" He sounds like a great horse-congrats!!

Camelot volunteers and the owners of the auction are either relying on what the consigner said or guessing about the horse's background, so I wouldn't take what their description said as gospel. They have very little to go on.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/fc_di...12106140142406

He's got some decent breeding, and was foaled in Florida, last start was in 2005. I can't look at equibase from this computer but the money on brisnet suggests nothing very high-level. If you look on equibase you could at least see if his last races were in/near MD, which would tell you whether that was a likely place for him to have been sold to. Someone on the racing forum might even know the last trainer or owner, who might be able to say who they sold him to. (And who probably didn't expect him to wind up at Camelot!)

It would be super to track down his history.

Total longshot, but the only barn I know in that part of MD are these guys...

http://www.basculefarm.com/index.html

I think they used to buy/sell TBs a bit more. Looks like now they're more into warmblood crosses. If he came off the track around 2005, it might be possible? Super longshot, SUPER longshot-- but if nothing else, it's somewhere to start. He's a cute, I hope someone recognizes him!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Danceronice- I checked out his Equibase a while ago, he last raced at Penn National in 2005. Then according to his pedigreequery was sold to a woman named Beth Levy in Pooleville. He was owned by a trainer named Eduardo Marti.
    ETA: He was owned by Anualpe Stable when he last raced in 2005, so they would have sold him to whoever owned him afterwards.

vxf111-I'll definitely send them an email to see if they know him at all
    Last edited by ForeverandAlways; Dec. 21, 2010 at 02:25 PM.

There's a Beth Levy in MD (and one in VA) registered with the USEF. Her membership is currently inactive.
    ~Veronica

Someone named Beth Levy seems to show in MD in 2009...

http://mhsa-orgpro.com/show.php?season=4&number=18

But this is a child because it's short stirrup? Do you think his former owner was a child?
    ~Veronica

I would track via the last RACING owner. Pedigreequery could be anyone saying anything. Don't use them unless the horse isn't listed in Brisnet, equineline or Equibase (if they aren't, they're not a thoroughbred or at least never raced, thoug even the unraced should turn up in the first two.)

There are quite a few people in PA who post on the racing forum--you might want to try there and see if they know anything about the barn he came from or the person who bought him (which might not be what you were told or PQ says, as there's a thread called "Monitoring Penn National" for a reason. Especially considering he ended up at Camelot.)

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    There's a Beth Levy in MD (and one in VA) registered with the USEF. Her membership is currently inactive.
    I checked that out and the only horses that show up under her USEF account are either the wrong breed or the birth dates dont match up

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I would track via the last RACING owner. Pedigreequery could be anyone saying anything. Don't use them unless the horse isn't listed in Brisnet, equineline or Equibase (if they aren't, they're not a thoroughbred or at least never raced, thoug even the unraced should turn up in the first two.)

There are quite a few people in PA who post on the racing forum--you might want to try there and see if they know anything about the barn he came from or the person who bought him (which might not be what you were told or PQ says, as there's a thread called "Monitoring Penn National" for a reason. Especially considering he ended up at Camelot.)

I went and checked out his Equibase,
    He was owned by Anaulpe Stable when he last raced in 2005.
    I tried googling Anualpe Stable and all that came up was racing results.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverandAlways View Post
    I checked that out and the only horses that show up under her USEF account are either the wrong breed or the birth dates dont match up
    I think if you only get a horse ID # and not an actual recording, it goes out of the database if you don't renew it the next year. Under my name I see my horses with recordings but not a gelding who only had an ID # who I didn't re-up for 2011.
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverandAlways View Post
    I went and checked out his Equibase,
    He was owned by Anaulpe Stable when he last raced in 2005.
    I tried googling Anualpe Stable and all that came up was racing results.
    Again, try the RACING forum here. There are plenty of people on this forum who are at/near/paying close attention to Penn Nat and who might know the connections. They could tell you if contacting the owner/trainer (the trainer is more likely to have been the person doing the selling) would be worthwhile--it's a long time for the trainer to remember a middling racehorse but you never know.

I already posted something on the racing forum, I'm just waiting for someone to respond

I'd also try to track down that Beth Levy I found. Maryland is a small place. Either that's the right person or else she might know the proper Beth Levy. Heck, I'd know someone else who showed on my circuit with the same name as me. Maryland isn't that bid... I actually suspect that might be the correct person.
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I'd also try to track down that Beth Levy I found. Maryland is a small place. Either that's the right person or else she might know the proper Beth Levy. Heck, I'd know someone else who showed on my circuit with the same name as me. Maryland isn't that bid... I actually suspect that might be the correct person.
    I'll try contacting her, but its a little hard without a phone number, email ect. I've tried googling the name, there is someone in Poolesville named Beth Levy. I'm going to see what I can find out

MHSA short stirrups is limited to 10 and under and I'd be really surprised to see a kid showing an OTTB there, though I guess it is possible.