The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Just Outside of Dallas - California to be exact

Default Silver Saddle..........Goodwill does auctions?

I was surfing the net looking for a blanket for our Old Donkey, Annabelle, and ran across the Goodwill auction site! I didn't even know Goodwill did online auctions and wouldn't have thought they sold horse items.

Anyway...in my curiosity I found a Kincaid Silver Saddle for sale/auction. Thought I'd share it because it was kinda different:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...80617.html#des

Description:
    Seat is approx 18.5 inches in length from front to back of cantle, approx 10 inches wide.
    Each side fender measures approx 19.5 inches in length from top of saddle to bottom fender, and is approx 15 inches wide, measuring the widest area. Total measurements of the Saddle is approx 19 inches in length, and 36 inches wide. We are not experts, measurements are given to the best of our knowledge. This may be a Jockey saddle. The girth is approx 47 inches total length, including the metal belt piece. This girth is also hallmarked by Kincade.
    Be kind to the animals for they are the True Innocents!
    True Innocents Equine Rescue: www.tierrescue.org
    Join us on Facebook!

saddle and "grith" lol!

Too bad it "can't be shipped".
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

I think they do offer shipping, at least that's what it says down on the bottom of the page.

I have been shopping at shopgoodwill.com for several years....as well as the local Goodwill

I even posted on here, about 4-5 months ago, about two County dressage saddles that were listed on there...I have also seen quite a few Stubbens, and a few quality Western saddles there, too. Some of the saddles are just junk. Almost every week there are headstalls, etc. listed.

You can go on, and do a quick search...Just type in "saddle" or "horse".

My best buy from the site was "a lot" of items: Stubben black halter w/ maroon padding, a matching Dover leather lead w/ a brass chain, a Prestige dressage girth, Ariat black leather half chaps, Stubben dressage leathers, Quik-Out stirrups, and a little black braided bucking strap-and everything was like new.....All for $56 or so dollars. I think it was about $70 grand total, with the shipping.

Some of the stores auctioning saddles say "Local pickup only"...I would be sure to notify them by the email provided to ask if they will ship-AND at what price, before you bid, if you are interested in something.

I also have purchased some very nice Native American/Sterling jewelry, and Coach handbags from there, quite cheaply, as well....Depends on who bids!! Have fun!

Some individual Goodwills also sell things online. I just bought a couple of my son's college textbooks from a Goodwill vendor on half.com.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Oooo! A brand new 72" winter blanket:

http://shopgoodwill.com/auctions/72-...W-7184269.html

Why did you have to tell me about this website??
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

LOVE the Goodwill site... I got 4 pair of Harry Hall Full Seats with shipping for $36!