The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Husband horse? on CL in Malvern PA

Not mine but sounds like a great horse.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/2119200477.html

Hi, I have a 17 yr old sorrel Standardbred/TB cross gelding who stands around 16.1 hh or more and am looking for a good home for him. He's a nice horse with a sense of humor, just not the right horse for me and what I like to do, not to mention the fact that I'm a short person and he's just way too big for me....lol. He can be a bit on the lazy side, anyone can ride, good on the trails, no spook. Good whoa, nice gallop, big mover. He's a former police horse now retired from the force, smart and nice looking. He goes both western and english and has a great neck rein. He was ridden english on the police force, but used western for ranch work and trail riding.
    When I got him, he was underweight and had awful feet. He has since put on at least a couple hundred pounds, his feet are great (only shod in front with borium) and looks awesome. Dentist says his teeth are perfect, lined up like chiclets perfectly in a row...lol. He is UTD on shots, feet, coggins, teeth, etc and in great health. I invested a lot of time and money in him to get him back in shape.
    I think he would be a great lesson horse and good in a therapeutic riding program. I'm not sure about his jumping ability. I was told that he didn't like to jump and I've never tried jumping him. He is sound with no lameness issues, so I know that's not the reason. He is patient and laid back and prefers to be in the company of other horses. If interested, feel free to contact me. I will need to see references as well: friends, vet, farrier, dentist, etc. THIS BOY MUST GO TO A GOOD HOME WITH SOMEONE WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF HIM. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. Thanks for looking!
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Bumping this up. Sounds like a very nice horse.
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

bumping for a retired police horse!
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

If only I could convince hubby that he NEEDS him! I'm emailing him the link right now. I've been bugging him that we need a horse that he can ride. He's not entirely convinced yet. Wish me luck.
    I would like to think I will die an heroic death...

But it's more likely I'll trip over my dog and choke on a spoonful of frosting.