The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Carhartt Jeans for Women

Seeking input on likes/dislikes on styles, etc. Have always worn Levi's, but find the material a bit thin now (compared to the "old days"). I've checked out Carhartt the styles online...whadda ya think? I loff my Carhartt jackets and know the jeans would be just as tough...but is there a feminine side to them?

I have not seen the jeans...just the jackets and overalls. I am a Lee Riders Jeans fan. The hips fit chicks with well....hips....I didn't get the Levi's to fit for that reason.

I am another great fan of Lee Riders - very comfortable if one happens to be curvy and quite durable.

the boot cut carhartt jeans with some stretch are great, very comfortable, durable and look good.

The carpenter cut is a little bulky for my taste, feels like too much fabric around the legs.

The work pants with the double front are good too, more flattering than the carpenter cut (not cut too high) but great for when you need tougher pants for certain things on the property.

I get all my carhartt at Sierra Trading Post online.

they run true to size.

I love my Carhartt jeans! In fact , I am wearing them now! I used to be devoted to Levis but I think they are now a fashion jean. My Carhartts are durable, look good and have a wonderful fit. I wear mine to work as well as ride in them. They are not mens jeans at all! I think they are very feminine and stylish.

I buy mine at Tractor Supply.

I have two pairs and would definitely recommend them. I have the boot cut style. They do offer a "curvy fit" now. But I havent tried them. I like mine because they have some stretch and are fairly forgiving. I bought the regular length and they are mid-rise on me (I'm 5'7"). So they aren't too low or too high, just right for riding.

Purchased at Southern States
    Dear life, please send grapes. Sincerely, I prefer wine over lemonade.

Love my Carhart jeans, and I get compliments on the often. For me, the biggest plus is they come in LONG!!! I get the 34" ones, and they fit fabulously.
    "One thing vampire children have to be taught early is, don't run with a wooden stake."

We have to wear Carhartt jeans for work (it took me three years to even FIND them in women's sizes) and frankly -- I think it is Carhartt's mission to make the ugliest clothes in the world. I don't think they are flattering at all and I hate them. On the plus side, they appear to be indestructible. My favourite pair of jeans is actually from Eddie Bauer, funnily enough, they look great!

Great jeans!!! They are very durable and a good quality WORKING jean. Hubs got me a pair of the bootcut version for Christmas a couple of years ago and I love them. Unfortunately after reaching middle age, I outgrew them. Well... my thighs did, anyway. ::