The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Best Christmas present ever, but can someone help me with his race record?

My wonderful BO gifted me last night with the gelding that I've been leasing for 2 years ( and ). As I was reading through his papers and race record, I realized that it looks like he actually won a race, but I have no way to see how much he raced (this info has no bearing on whether I'm accepting him or not, it's just curiosity). If anyone has the ability to look up such info (he's registered with the AQHA) and is willing, I'd be very interested in whatever you can find out and super grateful!

Reg name: Jets Installment
    Reg #: 3676240

Race Record stuff....
    Date won: 7/8/01
    Value to Winner: 750
    Type of Race: Si 69
    Distance: 350
    Name of Race (if stakes): blank
    **Track Abbreviation: MPM
    Racing Secretary Or/By: R. Berryhill

Many, many thanks for any help. He's my forever horse and was a standoffish, bully of a brat when we first connected. Now he's a love bug who is happy and fit and knows he has a person. I now I officially have him. *sniffles*
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Went to equibase.com and looks like he only raced three times, coming in 1st once, 2nd once, and 3rd once.

MPM is Mount Pleasant Meadows in Michigan.

Not sure what "Si 69" is but it was an allowance race, at 350 yards. All three of his races were allowance.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Thanks Caffeinated! I do appreciate it!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

Awww, sniffles!

SIs are speed indexes. It doesn't mean I know what they are, but its how QH races go by their speed instead of class at some tracks to even the field, as opposed to TBs with conditions, claiming prices, and such.

http://americashorsedaily.com/what-is-a-speed-index/

Congrats on your WONDERFUL Christmas present!

jengersnap--Thanks for the link and the info! Now I know why my fella was retired after 3 races.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    MPM is Mount Pleasant Meadows in Michigan.

Good grief. I have to say--that is about as bottom-of-the-barrel as it gets. They're a mix-breed fairgrounds track, and the one time I went as a kid, they had one TB race, a couple QH races, a couple Appy races, an Arab race, and a joke race involving donkeys. (I was kind of glad we didn't do 4H in that county, as the track chute is RIGHT behind the fence where the 4H warmup ring is. My old OTTB would...not have dealt with that well.) Not exactly Ruidoso Downs.

If he couldn't make a go of it there, he is probably the right horse for a new career! That sounds like an AWESOME Christmas present.

Bwahahahahaha!!! If you knew Gus, you'd understand why the idea of him going anywhere fast is laughable.

And it took a solid year of cookies, snuggles, and various bribes (including one very interesting XC schooling) before he decided that he might could possibly tolerate having a regular job after years of pasture puffery. Two and a half years later, he likes his job most of the time, but really only does it for the cookies.