The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have 12 acres in Sonoita if anyone wants to build a place. Backs up against the Babocomari Ranch (50K acres so nice and open and pretty) Close to Tuscon and also Fort Watchuca. Beautiful area but I have old parents so dont see myself moving to Arizona. feel free to PM me..no point keeping what I doubt I will ever use

Quote Originally Posted by Californiamartinez View Post
    @jumpqh- Thanks for the point of cabelas, his work actually seems a little closer so that is promising. Do you find that to be accurate for traffic times?
    The 101 can get stop-and-go during rush hour (which seems to last forever and start very early out here!), and I-17 has gotten much, much better since they widened it. I would add another 5-10 minutes during major rush hour. The times I gave were weekend/weeknight averages for me.

Someone else it might be worth talking to is Nathalie Eikel-Baughman. She is based in Glendale and, while primarily a dressage rider, I notice that she does mention jumping also on her site. She is German, and German trained, lol, and is a very good rider. She is pregnant so probably won't be doing too much riding for the next few months, but I have seen her do an excellent job with some youngsters.

Much as I like the Cave Creek/Carefree area, it is much harder to find properties with irrigation out there (one of my #1 priorities), so be prepared to have dirt turn-outs.

Akrogirl- thank you for that suggestion too. That may be really perfect, since my horse is still young and I do not want to do too much jumping with her for the next few years. I can't wait to get there and check all this out!

Hey everybody :]

I'm not sure how much i can contribute to this post in terms of land and riding, since I just moved to the valley on Tuesday and am looking for somewhere to ride myself! (I posted a thread awhile back that didn't get much response) I live in the west valley in Laveen and from what i can see from my minor driving around there are a couple small ranches about 2 blocks over but that's about it. In about a year or 2 I will be moving down to Tuscon to go to UA <3 and i agree that there is more opportunity for horse country down there. I also agree that

BASICALLY my contribution to this thread is: Hi, i'm new to the valley and i really need some horse friends and a barn etc etc etc. my sisters live in mesa and i'm already driving out there a million times a week anyway but that's about as far as i'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by akrogirl View Post
    Yeah, thanks to Shea and Jessica, I keep coming home with more animals ;-)

Paris moved at the end of last month. Michelle and Quinn are both still training there, plus some horses trailer over to Renae's place and we have a couple of dressage trainers coming in a few times a month.

One of the owners in your neighborhood is related to a guy who used to play for my favorite football team in England :-)

Chandler may be small, but it is a pretty busy GA airport and does a lot of aerobatics training. It is pretty cool because one of the practice boxes is directly south of Marley so I can watch the aerobatics guys while I am riding :-)
    Did Paris move to another barn or to his own place? I am not too far from Marley Farms and was hoping to ride with him. I used to work for him years ago as a groom.

Hello again,

I am reposting on this thread to see if any more trainers have moved to the West Valley for hunters or jumpers. My horse is now 4 and was started under saddle last year. If you guys know of anyone on this side, please let me know.

Thank you for your help again!

I just moved from AZ after 6 years- might want to check out Ahja.org and the list of trainers- feel free to PM me as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoey101 View Post
    I just moved from AZ after 6 years- might want to check out Ahja.org and the list of trainers- feel free to PM me as well!
    Thanks Zoey, I did check that website out but unfortunately there are no trainers in Peoria listed. It seems like I am in a hunter/jumper wasteland here. Its such a bummer!