The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best place to advertise my business?

Hello all,

I'm not trying to sell anything here, but would simply like to know some places that you might recommend me advertise my business.

I am a professional graphic designer and have my own business on the side doing freelance work. I would like to move it into advertising for the equine industry, but I'm not sure where to start/advertise for it.

Do people in the horse world look for people to design logos/business cards/advertisements/social media marketing/websites? I feel like a lot of it is word of mouth and know of some advertisements (cheesy AQHA ads), and some extreme poorly done websites, but I was just wondering if you had any other ideas? And any recommendations on where to advertise?

(( I would advertise in the Chronicle, but as of right now, that's a little out of my budget for just a start up company with NOT a lot of income... and by little, I mean a lot! ))

68 views and no one has anything to say? =/

are there any tack or feed stores in your area? If so most usually have some kind of bulletin board- put a flyer up... also if there are any magazines - around here we have the Equiery, Equine Marketeer, Va Horse, Horse of the Delaware Valley etc sometimes their ad prices can be a bit less that major publications.. but it's hit or miss. The Equiery I know has pretty good prices for their business card ads.. might also check out varies equestrian websites -start w/ like USEF and some of the USEF affiliate links - many of them have free advertising sections on their websites... I have a home based equestrian tour/travel business and I'm kind of in the same boat... can't make any money if you dont' advertise but can't spend any money to advertise.

Best of luck to you

Why not start locally? Look around and see if area farms' and tack shops' websites could use "tweaking" Offer to fix up websites for free for a three month trial if they list you as the designer. After three months, they can opt to continue using you or not. The same thing with logos. Word of mouth will travel fast and the only thing you'd be donating is time. I really think this is something where you need to prove what you can do with what they already have. Good luck!!

Another option is local horse shows or events/horse trials - many often look for advertising in their prizlists/programs to help offset some of their horse show costs and/or have sponsorship opportunties... some of them can be somewhat economical and helps get the word out

I'm not sure where you're located but you could look into Bay Area Equestrian Network and the sister-sites. (www.bayequest.com) A lot of businesses advertise there and it gets a great deal of traffic.

Bruce Guest

A home business can offer an individual many advantages when that person is able to achieve success. Internet home based businesses represent some of the fastest growing small businesses in existence as entrepreneurs look to take advantage of the global consumer base and low cost start up expenses.

Pa-eternally laboring in the infinite creative and sustentative work of the universe

You can always post your business here:

http://www.cothclassifieds.com/
    IN GOD WE TRUST
    OTTB's ready to show/event/jumpers. Track ponies for perfect trail partners.
    http://www.horseville.com/php/search...=1&ssid=057680