The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ocala- winter boarding/training

So the other thing I didn't ask about (can y'all tell I'm getting serious about this???) in my "Ocala" thread, was, lets say I don't want to worry about the maintenance on a "farm", and would rather board the big guy. What type of rates are you all paying? He is NOT an expensive show hunter, so I don't need that type. More like a small dressage oriented or event barn where there are qualified working student types to ride him if I'm away, that type of thing. Definately needs his turnout time. How difficult is it to find good care and how much am I going to have to pay to get it??

I have sent you a pm.
    Loretta

hi again, i am the one that told you about a lovely farm for sale around the corner from me. i take in a small number of boarders as it is a small private event farm. i have 30 acres, grass galloping track that surrounds the farm, plenty of hacking, full stadium jump course and a lighted ring. i live on the farm fulltime and work for a large equine hospital here in ocala. my full board is 550.00 per month. rides are additional. that is about the going rate for a nice, quiet place with good quality feeds,hay and a high standard of care.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Default hey maxx

Thanks for all the info, the one around the corner is nice, just a bit too much farm for us, as we only have one horse presently and I do not want a boarding business. Your place looks lovely, when we're planning a visit, I'll let you know, I'd love to stop by.

If you want to board at a barn with a good (but not BNT) trainer...you are looking at around $1200 with board and training. Some might do a partial training. Otherwise 500-600 sounds about right for board.
    Whispered Wish Weser-Ems: Breeding quality German Riding Ponies!
    Standing the stallion Burberry
    www.germanridingpony.com
    www.facebook.com/HighlifesBurberry

2ndyrgal- no problem, just let me know.i am always around the farm, minus work the farm around the corner is really nice but big. i do know of another one buy it is off of a bigger roadway. smaller though.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

My trainer is wonderful and has a beautiful farm in Ocala. She charges $1,000 a month with training. Was hoping to send my big guy over there for a tune up, but unfortunately he is needed here to babysit a colt we just weaned. As soon as I can I would plan on sending him over. I'll PM you with her name and number....