The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation BEWARE OF FAKE ISOLATION FARM IN TEXAS!

No one told me and I thought I should share this with all of you! I signed a contract with these people, and well thankfully have not shipped my horse down there after I found out these people are total frauds! http://www.terraceiaequinefacility.com/default.html

You will see under the blog, about a horse named "Breezy". The farm that bought Breezy from Germany is this farm: http://www.gentle-curlies.de/VK%20Pferde.htm
    I regularly checked this ladies website as I wanted to know how her horse did while being shipped to Germany, as I am shipping mine to Germany in Jan... and then one day this was up.

Later, I investigated more and found this: http://www.straightegyptians.com/for...howtopic=38314

I talked to these people several times on the phone and we had countless email conversations before I signed their contract and they seemd so real... I was scammed! Luckily, I can break this contract unlike the poor lady who owns "Breezy". Now, I just have to worry about trying to get my horse to Germany again, but thank god she wasn't stolen. I am scared to death to have to try and find a new place! Please, please, note that Terra Ceai Equestrian Facility is not an approved facility and all they want to do is get your money and steal your horse!

You were not concerned with the atrocious spelling on the web page that deals with "Isolation and Export"?

My first clue would have been that they cannot spell certain words correctly - this indicates carelessness. It's not hard to utilize spell-check or a dictionary.

It's also funny - the spelling - not your situation.

xcpony this is so nice of you, i truly appreciate it.

From their website listing their address (2436 FM 1600, Cameron, TX 76520), this came up via Google: facility:http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16895...00-Cameron-TX/
    Complete Horse Training facility currently in use, 36 enclosed Horse stalls many over sized, fly spray system, lighting protection, wash station, multiple barns include office, tack room, laundry area with washer and dryer, feed storage, large hay storage, implement storage, large 60 x 140 building with 48' round pen and 4 horse exercise machine, 6 barns all hard water and electric, other sheds and 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment large tress in front corner great home site. Texas weather is ideal for year round training with our mild winters
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

That's awful. Thanks for posting.

I think the header on their website would have made me think twice " COME AND EXPERIENCE THE TERRA CEIA DIFFERENTS!"

There are places to report such business.
    Have you or anyone with problems with them done so?

Indeed, I am probably an idiot for over looking the spelling. Not a great speller myself) I noticed it, but if you aren't looking for a scam than it doesn't occur to you. I only found this out nearly midnight last night, so I haven't made any steps to trying shut these people down. I know police did step in but I am not sure of the details. I don't know which business I should report them to, but I will contact the local police and tell them about my situation too. They even wrote me 2days ago, after they were shut down by the police and don't even have a farm, about continuing to send my horse down there?! Here is the full story about poor Breezy. http://ez2spotranchequinetransport.blogspot.com/

Lovely. Cameron is right down the road from us.

Texas really is a nice state. With some nice people. Why do we attract the crazies?
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    Lovely. Cameron is right down the road from us.

Texas really is a nice state. With some nice people. Why do we attract the crazies?
    It is called the law of average.
    The larger you are, the more of every one you will have, including your larger share of "crazies".

I would think the Department of Agriculture would be the place to start in terms of reporting - seems they would like to hear about a place they supposedly approved, right?

Sounds like from one of the links provided that this is more about getting back at a former employer than anything.