The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default saddlery4u2 on ebay, any experiences?

I need a new bridle and am suffering from sticker shock.
    Checking ebay, the seller saddlery4u2 seems to have good prices.

If anyone has experiences, I'd love to hear about them. You can PM me if you'd rather.

Thanks

Purchased two pr of FSS reins on the recommendation of a student who has multiple FSS bridles. Happy w/ the quality; fast shipping and reasonable prices.

Let's see. I purchased a Stubben bridle from them, and they emailed me 3 days later that Stubben discontinued the model that they had on Ebay for sale. I agreed to decide on a different one, a Stubben, and they claimed they had it in their shop. After 3 weeks, I emailed them and asked why I'm still waiting. They said they just mailed it off. I asked them why they would just mail it off now. They said they had to wait for it to come in. I said "but you said you had it in your shop" I said I'd just like a refund . She said she would contact the post office and ask them to return it. Then I got a refund 5 days later because the "post office" sent it back to her !

That has turned me off of buying overseas. I would rather spend a bit more and buy from someone who was at least truthful. But I did get my money back, thank God.

1 members found this post helpful.

I bought a bridle from them, buckle broke before I ever put it on the horse. I was oiling the darn thing (leather is mediocre quality, pretty rough and stiff in places). Cost me $40 to send it back, and months later, NO REFUND. Shoddy customer service - they claim since they didn't MAKE the bridle, it wasn't their fault it broke. You'd be much better off buying a used decent quality bridle from someone in the US.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by

I was told the above site shows more accurate feedback.

I purchased a bridle from them approx 2 years ago,operating under a different name. Honey worked for them then.
    They would not honor the price that was bid and then reported me for non-payment, when i wouldnt pay higher fees requested. Basically, I purchased a bridle that came with color choices and when i selected the color I wanted, they said that costs more- not mentioned anywhere in their ad.

I got it all resolved in my favor............but what a headache and it was very time consuming. I found much more negative feedback on them on the above website than in eBay's feedback.

Check this out also http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forum...d.php?t=193895

Needless to say, I would not purchase from them again!!

They should call their company "Saddlery F U"!
    Ummmm..... bad service, hateful people to buy from. Sub par quality.

Quote Originally Posted by springplainsfarm View Post
    http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by

I was told the above site shows more accurate feedback.

I purchased a bridle from them approx 2 years ago,operating under a different name. Honey worked for them then.
    They would not honor the price that was bid and then reported me for non-payment, when i wouldnt pay higher fees requested. Basically, I purchased a bridle that came with color choices and when i selected the color I wanted, they said that costs more- not mentioned anywhere in their ad.

I got it all resolved in my favor............but what a headache and it was very time consuming. I found much more negative feedback on them on the above website than in eBay's feedback.

Check this out also http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forum...d.php?t=193895

Needless to say, I would not purchase from them again!!

Yes! Her name was Honey! AND their excuses do include "custom item" but how custom is it when they get it from Stubben? Or have it already?

Yes, the irony of her name being "Honey" never failed to crack me up....

I bought a bridle from them several months ago. Everything went well, bridle is fine.
    "And I will be an embarrassment to all
    Who have not found the peace in being free
    to have a horse as a best friend."

I've purchased from them more than once. Never anything custom, and never had anything go wrong with my order, timely and accurate. My purchases were in the last 2 years. The quality of the strapgoods were better than the price I paid. I got several pairs of reins to try, some comfort bridles, and some dressage leathers. I ended up selling everything eventually though. The reins I never used once I found TL reins, the bridles ran really large and fit a bit awkwardly, and the dressage leathers were too long for me.

Though the strapgoods were nice for the price, I never used any of them so I can't comment if they hold up or if buckles would've fallen off, etc. I wasn't so impressed with the quality that I'll go running back next time I need something, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy something I thought I needed.

I purchase overseas quite a bit and I found their shipping fees on the high side for multiple items, for a single item appropriately priced, but I got walloped on multi item purchases.
    Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will.

My experience a while back was that they were idiots. There are other UK eBay vendors with lovely padded Rhinegold bridles that I now have 3 of for my assorted horses. The leather is lovely.

Someone admired one of mine and said her Passier was nice but not as nice as my Rhinegold. I didn't admit that I paid around $100 for it. It was one with a padded crown and padded crank nose band. Very nice quality leather, I thought.

But beware of the overseas sizing: For the Rhinegold bridles, the Cob size fits my Holsteiner, Friesian and TB. I got a pony size for my small Friesian mare. The Horse size is huge.

I bought another bridle from UK a couple of years ago and it was nice and I bought the horse size. When I got the bridle I measured the browband. It was 14". Bottom line: Get measurements before you buy.

I bought two bridles and an additional set of reins from them before they switched names on ebay. I had no problems, and I thought the shipping incredibly fast from overseas. One bridle was Heritage brand and the other FSS.

I did have the same experience with sizing as Spyder notes; I had purchased a cob size for my Morgan, and it fit my Saddlebred on the next-to-smallest hole. Neither fit my new horse and the friend I passed them on to is using them on large TB horses. I would need a pony size in those brands for my new guy. Also the noseband is quite wide and wouldn't work well for petite horses.

I found them to be excellent quality for the price, with padded crown and padded crank (which I never used as such). I loved the rubber lined reins that came with the black dressage bridle, and I purchased an extra pair for the brown event bridle which came with full rubber reins.

I have 2 bridles that I have had and used hard for the past 2 years. Both are a beautiful, butter soft leather that clean up well and have held up-both still look new when clean. I don't remember having any issues with the shipping or anything and I'm pretty cheap, so I know they were't super expensive. I have had several people who have alot of money and buy really expensive stuff comment on how nice they are. I do remember after I ordered them I saw a thing on here about how awful they were. I sorta panicked when I read all the bad stuff.
    Do not toy with the dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

I guess I got lucky. I got a stubben bridle w/ two pairs of reins from them not too long ago. Price was half that of anywhere else and shipping was $20 to Canada, which seemed about right. The bridle showed up really fast as well and is quite nice.

Default good!!

hi i purchased a fairly expensive bridle from them ($200 black padded extra comfy crank bridle (LOVE IT!!) and expensive for me!!) it was definantely worth it tho ... along with a crystal browband and 2 sets of reins... the leather is still soft and beautiful to this day

they were good to me... in the sense... i paid, they delivered in 2-3 weeks and i was happy with the items.

good good.
    Carol and Princess Dewi

**~Doccer'sDressage~**

I "bought" a bridle from them off of Ebay. It was a Stubben that they listed as available in an assortment of colors. Funny thing, they did not mention they upcharged for those colors. So it was pretty much a bait and switch. They wanted substantially more for the bridle than the "sale" price. Ended up with them being very nasty any my reporting them through ebay since I had the orginal listing and then their subsequent attempts to extort more money. I would never, ever, ever buy from them.

well, I asked the seller to be specific about sizes, pricing and shipping costs. They have been responsive.

So I went for it. I'll let you know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsnotme View Post
    I have 2 bridles that I have had and used hard for the past 2 years. Both are a beautiful, butter soft leather that clean up well and have held up-both still look new when clean. I don't remember having any issues with the shipping or anything and I'm pretty cheap, so I know they were't super expensive. I have had several people who have alot of money and buy really expensive stuff comment on how nice they are. I do remember after I ordered them I saw a thing on here about how awful they were. I sorta panicked when I read all the bad stuff.
    Same experience as above. The bridles are a bit of an awkward size (bigger than expected) but the quality of all 3 was good and they all are in a great condition in spite of the wear. I'm in South Africa and they were incredibly reasonable on shipping by comparison to other online tack-shops. They responded quickly and shipped the items asap

I was impressed!

I paid about $65 including shipping. Size was a little on the large side, but nothing a holepunch couldnt fix. The only thing too big was the noseband. Leather was actually a LOT nicer than I expected. Didnt take to oil great, but softened up after just one use. It seems comfortable for the horse as well. Oveall, I think for a "cheap" bridle its better than most cheapies at local tack stores.

So far, I bought about 5 bridles and a girth from them. I am very pleased with fast shipping, leather quality and everything !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com