The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

nirvanicz Guest

Default free thoroughbred mare needs home asap

Arwyn is a beautiful gray mare born 2002. She was an ott mare and had some kind of track injury I could never get a clear history on but she has some stiffness in her rear left leg. She was examined for breeding before I got her and was okayed on that. She is located in southern wisconsin and I need to find a home for her in the next week. Please email scooterbb22@gmail.com

Default Bump

I emailed, haven't heard anything back... bump for this mare.

Arwyn is not her JC name, so if anyone wishes to breed her (per OP's comment that she is cleared for breeding) it would help to have her JC name, so breeders can look at her bloodlines.

(There is no Arwyn in the Jockey Club database.)
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

Default Free Bay Mare in Tampa - TB? Warmblood?

sorry, didn'tmean to post here
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

I know this mare. I am sure of it. Her name is "Spanish Candy". She was sold by a friend of mine with a very clear history of her injuries and any issues, and JC papers. She did have an injury to her pelvis at the track before she acquired her, but she was OK'd for breeding. She was also sound under saddle here as well, and had solid retraining under saddle beofre being sold. I am certain I have several photos of her and possibly even some old video.

I will contact the OP, as I am sure her former owner would love to have her back, and even if not, we could definately find a GOOD placement for her. We both tried to buy her back a couple of years ago, but the gal who bought her from my friend said she had lost her papers, I believe, and also wanted quite a bit more for her than she bought her for.
    Last edited by Joie; Dec. 11, 2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: info added
    www.four-leaf-farm.com
    Proud Breeder of Trakehners and Anglo-Trakehners.

Joie -

Glad you recognized her & best of luck helping her find a good place to live.
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

The mare has found a great home.