The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Must Haves For Christmas!

Hello,
    I am wondering what I should ask for for christmas. What are some must haves for my christmas list. I am a 14 yr old girl and im gunna be doing the 3ft eq/ and possibly some jumpers.
    (:

Are you just starting to ride of have you been riding? do you have stuff already?

Do you have your own horse? Or are you currently using a schoolmaster or a lease horse?

Well I don't know about you, but my poor parents do and buy so much for my horse all throughout the year that I hardly get anything horse related for Christmas. My mom always says on Christmas morning there will be a gift bag sitting under the tree thats full of receipts.

I think this year I'm getting a new helmet, but considering I've fallen off 5 times in my current one(one of those resulting in a concussion.....), a new one isn't exactly a want.....

Some goods things that everyone needs though are saddle pads, special horse treats, new boots/chaps, etc. If there is anything you've been wanting/needing thats really expensive, now would be a good time to ask for it.

Hello,
    I have been riding for a while and I do have my own horse.

Look around to see if GM will be doing a clinic in your area sometime in the next few months. If there's anything within a reasonable trailering distance, I'd ask for that

Have you been showing, or is that something you're going to need to be outfitted for? If it's the second, that makes your Christmas list easy, albeit expensive. Otherwise, schooling breeches, pads, horse clothes, etc.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

My mother is all-knowing and always stuffs my stocking with hand/toe warmers. If you're looking for cheaper gifts instead of one-ticket things, I aaaallllways want nice warm gloves, underarmor, and reading material (training books, rider bios, and if you don't already have it Hunter Seat Equitation by GM!!).
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue