The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    There's a good reason why the Maytag repairman is lonely.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by flypony74 View Post
    I have a Whirlpool Cabrio top load, high capacity, no agitator, and it is awesome. Does a fantastic job on everything from clothes to horse blankets. It is HUGE....can fit any horse blanket or comforter no problem. Mine has been through a almost two years of heavy use and has performed flawlessly.
    This will be my next washer. FANTASTIC. My friend has one.

One of these with the Maytag Commercial Series 7.0 cubic foot dryer I just bought (for 249.99 WOOT!)... and I will never have to use a horse laundry service again.

After much research and consideration, I opted for the Whirlpool Duet Steam W and D front load. Washer is 4.4 and Dryer is 7.0

Of course, the very first test load was something horsey - five Seams Right Heavy Duty WHITE dressage pads on the NORMAL setting, that barely resembled their original color (they had been used, and re-used for months!). They got very, very clean on the NORMAL cycle, but I decided to wash them again on the WHITES setting.

I never knew washing clothes could be so fun! I am so behind on washing after having the lemon W & D for 3 months, my new is sure to keep me entertained for quite some time!
    Last edited by Fantastic; Dec. 14, 2010 at 09:46 AM.