The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default stubben cyber Monday and Tuesday sale.

Most of the sale saddles are going for $695. Incredibly good deal for those who need a cheap saddle that is better than just cheap. Take a look. They've got saddle for all disciplines.
    http://www.stubbennorthamerica.com/s...ebsaddles.html

They have their monoflap eventing saddle in multiple sizes and tree widths. It's the Excalibur S, and I've never even seen one. If anyone knows anything about this saddle, please post as I'm thinking it might be just what I need to make me a happy rider. I was very happy with the Roxane S and the position it put me in. It felt very secure. The Excalibur might be being discontinued. Or might not.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I hate you so much for posting that! I cannot justify buying another saddle--but wow those are amazing prices. I LOVE my Roxane S and my ancient Krefeld, and I love the way they fit TBs.

just talked with my local dealer. she rides in the excaliber and loves it.

Default they are terrific!

and i am in the process of ordering 2 more of them,,,another for me and one for hubby so he quits borrowing mine!!!!!

Thank you so much! I'm ordering one today

So did anyone end up getting one?? I called Stubben this morning to see what they had left and it didn't sound like too much. The lady was really nice and did some searches for me to try and find something that would work.

I will have to jump on it if they do it again! Hope y'all were able to get one!

By the time I saw this thread the place was closed for the day. I talked to an employee at a tack shop last night, then the management called me back first thing this a.m. and were working on it - the saddles flew right out from under us as we were trying to buy. Some dealers faxed their orders in last night and they got the preference. I wish that I had known that it could have been done that way. DD is
    Some day I'm going to tell my grandkids that I am older than the internet and blow their minds.

I just called Stubben 2 minutes ago, and they do have some Excaliburs left, all in 30 cm or smaller tree widths. Jim, the guy I talked to said that most TBs take a 28 or 29, and it just so happens that they still have three in a seat size I can use in the 29.

If you are thinking of ordering, Valley Tack in Ohio and a place in Atlanta would be good dealers to go through, per Jim. Valley Tack is the dealer that they use at Rolex, and he recommends using them for web sales. Says a lot of their regular dealers aren't too happy with this sale because there is very little money in it for them.

So if you really want one, I'd suggest calling the 800 number for Stubben, finding out if they still have a saddle that you're interested in available, then calling Valley Tack to set payment and shipment. Valley Tack's number is (330) 483-3366.

Now a fashion question. Would you want ebony (dark brown) or tabac (yellow, will darken to Newmarket) for one red bay and two dark bays?

definitely dark brown

I got one!!!

I got the Edelweiss NT Deluxe G 16.5"/32cm in Havana.

I went through Dover. They were very, very helpful.

I paid a grand total of $635. I still don't believe it.

Christmas definitely came early!

Thanks for the heads up on the saddle sale, Vineyridge!!!!

I got an Edelweiss NT 17"/32cm in Havana! I have never ridden in a Stubben so we shall how it fits us. I really wanted one in ebony, but the one in my size and tree size was already sold.

I bought the Genesis deluxe - I wish I had known that around 29 and 28 fit TB's since I couldn't get the color I wanted and had to get Tobacco for my two chestnuts! Anyone have any idea how that will look??

Does anyone have any experience with the Genesis? I have the Roxanne and LOVE it

Pointtaker86- I bet you will be just fine with the lighter color, esp since you have chestnuts. You could always try to darken the leather if you end up not liking how it looks on your chestnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    They have their monoflap eventing saddle in multiple sizes and tree widths. It's the Excalibur S, and I've never even seen one. If anyone knows anything about this saddle, please post as I'm thinking it might be just what I need to make me a happy rider. I was very happy with the Roxane S and the position it put me in. It felt very secure. The Excalibur might be being discontinued. Or might not.
    I ride in a custom-fitted Excalibur and I can't say enough about it. It's a more reasonably priced version of the CWD/Devacoux/Antares (pick a logo color, they're all pretty much the same) with the all the usual Stubben quality. It's got a bit more of a forward balance than some of their other saddles, in trend with the other monoflap designs on the market, and gives you a really solid feeling going up, down, or over just about any jump.

I know the sale is over, but if you ever get the chance to try one out, I would go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EventKid View Post
    I ride in a custom-fitted Excalibur and I can't say enough about it. It's a more reasonably priced version of the CWD/Devacoux/Antares (pick a logo color, they're all pretty much the same) with the all the usual Stubben quality. It's got a bit more of a forward balance than some of their other saddles, in trend with the other monoflap designs on the market, and gives you a really solid feeling going up, down, or over just about any jump.

I know the sale is over, but if you ever get the chance to try one out, I would go for it!
    Very glad to hear this. Thank you. I don't have any experience with Stubbens, nor do I know anyone that does, so this has made me feel a lot better about my purchase. I went ahead and purchased an Edelweiss NT.

Holy fast shipping, Batman! UPS just delivered my saddle. I ordered it lunchtime on Tuesday.

I can't wait to ride in it. Definite step up from my Wintec. Anyone else have their saddle arrive?

Stubbens are generally well made and long lasting saddles. They have been favorites of foxhunters for decades. They might not be softest to ride but they wear like iron.

Yeah the store I ordered mine from said it was typically 2 days shipping so here is to hoping I get mine tomorrow because I ordered it around 3pm on Tuesday. =D
    --Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity--

Mine arrived today! An Edelweiss NT Deluxe. I almost hugged the UPS guy I was so excited! I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow or Saturday so this was a nice surprise. I hurried right out to the barn to see how it fit my mare and it looks pretty good! I'm having my saddle fitter out to double check. I still am waiting for someone to pinch me regarding the price. Such a good deal.