The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Well bred OTTB in central PA

Inside Lane, well bred 9yo bay tb, (10 in January), 15.3hh. Very cute, great mind, has been ridden since off the track but still green. Bay with a blaze and one white sock. Won 150k on the track, off track since January 2009. Old osselet, sound with front shoes. Currently lives out but needs a stall due to issues with rainrot and scratches. Sired by Parade Ground/dam was Indy Go-G0. Please message me for photos and information.
    Last edited by lovethekeyz23; Dec. 7, 2010 at 05:15 PM.

PMd you!

Still available. Best suited for lower level or trail riding home. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Still looking for a home for this guy. Please consider him if you have room and are in search of a project. I need to place him ASAP. Thanks!

Pa-eternally laboring in the infinite creative and sustentative work of the universe

Had you considered going back to the trainer you got the horse from? When you got this horse for your oldest DD, didnt she have a trainer that might be able to help you place this horse?
    And, had you considered finding some suitable boarding for this horse out of the elements to attend to the rainrot and scratches? Perhaps your DD could invest some time with him
    just grooming or maybe your trainer knows some 4-h kids that would be interested in some horse time.
    or maybe they'd want a free horse.

I think there are a number of options still open to you for placing him. You could always be in touch with Bev Strauss of Mid-Atlantic rescue --
    http://www.midatlantichorserescue.org/
    IN GOD WE TRUST
    OTTB's ready to show/event/jumpers. Track ponies for perfect trail partners.
    http://www.horseville.com/php/search...=1&ssid=057680

I've tried the rescues and the ones that bother to respond are full. DD got a new horse when this one was placed over a year ago so when he came home I ended up being the one caring for him. My younger daughter and I both have horses of our own as well as this one and I am struggling to find the time/finances to care for him in addition to the other two. The people we sent him to sold their place and I did the right thing and said we would take him back, it is as simple as that. He was not my responsibility, as my oldest daughter is 24, however I felt responsible regardless. A friend who has her own boarding stable took us to get this horse and she has already said she can not take him because she doesn't have room. With the shorter days I am having a hard time getting to the stable enough as it is, traveling between two stables is out of the question even if I could afford to move him, which I can't. I also will not move our other horses, both of whom are thriving in their current situation, or my younger daughter who is doing very well with the trainer there. I tried advertising him free to a good home and I won't even get into the responses I got, suffice it to say none of them were suitable homes for a green OTTB, and some not for any horse. I now have him heavily advertised for $500 in an attempt to weed out those who are unable to care for a horse. It is not a grooming issue, he needs a stall. I should have blanketed him sooner....my mistake. I regularly groom him, pick the scabs, spray with muck itch, and he gets a daily omega supplement.....you get the idea. He is a horse that needs a stall and more time than I, as a working single mom, can give him.

If you send pics and an "ad" we will put him on our assisted placements page...
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

Thanks, Bev. I posted him on the rescue's facebook page along with a pic but I think the pic has been removed. Should I just email the info to the rescue?

Nice boy.... I am not looking, but wanted to bump for a good warm home. Soft, gentle eyes. So much success already in racing, I am sure he carries the same drive in other disciplines.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovethekeyz23 View Post

Giving this guy a bump. Is he still available?
    "Don't make me go all chestnut mare on you"!

Lane found an awesome new home today.