The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Matthias Rath and Totilas

It is official. The horse will continue in sport.

http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...-real-pleasure

So people bid to acquire the riding rights? Fascinating.

Unhappy Just sad to me......

Very sad. He is Edward's horse....always will be. Poor horse...wonder what HE is thinking about all this?

Quote Originally Posted by paintjumper View Post
    Very sad. He is Edward's horse....always will be. Poor horse...wonder what HE is thinking about all this?
    He doesnt. He's a horse. It's just new people, new place. Sure, he probably wonders what happened to Edward, but you have to keep in mind, horses are HORSES, not people.

It will be hard to see him ridden by someone else....

Cool Don't give them so much credit DW

Some horses do care. I sold a mare that was my baby for a long time. The lady that bought her LOVED her and spoiled her unmercifully. But the mare was "just off" in her personality away from home...away from me. The lady asked me to come up for the weekend and it was very obvious that she wanted to go home with me. We turned the mare out and she followed me every step. We even left her in the back yard while we went swimming in her pool and the mare stood by the pool and watched me. She would walk to which ever end of the pool I was in and just watch me. Needless to say....I took her home with me when I left They are creatures with thoughts .......you will never convince me they don't "care".

I think change is difficult for most of us, animals being no different. It's sad to see such a great team, Edward and Totilas, get split but exciting that we will get to see more Totilas in the future. Hopefully the new "team" will be as effective!

I'm sure Gal has made his peace with the change. He has many other horses to choose from, and bring through the levels. I think Rath is a fantastic choice! He's a very classy rider.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by paintjumper View Post
    No, he's not, and he never was.

I think you will find the horse is much loved and cared for im his new home. he really is an outstanding horse with a wonderful personaility and I am looking forward to seeing his new rider out competing him and getting to know him better.
    www.volatis.co.uk - breeders of quality and colour

Having just seen Totilas at Schockemohles less than a couple weeks ago and having dinner with Paul, I already knew that Matthias was the ride, but unannounced.
    Totilas is a horse, a very lucky one at that. He was happy and very well cared for. Paul wants nothing but the best for him. He loves this horse.
    Bugs me to constantly hear the comments about poor Edward too. Its business, this happens all the time. No one comments about the sale of some of the best jumpers to Saudi Arabia before the WEG.
    I think the dressage world is more emotional. Just my 2 cents.

Politically, this is a smart match. Rath will do a fine job, and although I feel for Gal, I want to congratulate this talented young man. Have a good ride!

DownYonder is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

The announcement will be broadcast on the Internet tomorrow.

12 noon CET (6 am EST) at http://www.clipmyhorse.de .

And no, it is not a surprise about Rath. The rumors have been circulating for a while now, and a friend with connections in Mühlen was told several weeks ago it was "a done deal".