The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What I'd Really love to say is:

[I'm in banking and need to vent. Feel free to add your vent...to whoever it is that you would love to say something you can't!]

"Go ahead, take your $314.00 balance somewhere else since you don't get your free checking anymore. We don't make a dime off you anyway and I'm sick of you calling every other week to ask for a refund on the overdraft fee you were charged because you don't know how to balance your checkbook and you use your debit card like it's a credit card. Your $80.00 balance in your savings account is actually costing us money and you're a PITA with all of that change you insist on cashing in 1 minute before we close. And yes, for the millionth time, Saturday is actually MONDAY'S business so your deposit won't be available until TUESDAY. Don't let the door hit ya on your way out."

*sigh*
    Last edited by hundredacres; Nov. 27, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Hm. Well, as a previous customer I would laugh and leave

I have worked in customer service most of my life, it's a job. If you dislike it, go to school and get a better job, that's what I am doing.

In my bad moments I will admit to doing some heinous things to people who irritated me though Don't ever make your bartender mad, folks.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Oh come on, twotrudoc, you can't say something like that and then not give an example!!

What I'd love to say is:

"Is it really necessary to schedule the most evil biochem test of the year on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving???? I understand you made a mistake with the syllabus, but do you really think ANY of us are going to do well on that one??"
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Adding to the vent:

I get that your business is down. The problem is that I didn't go to law school to work for $16 an hour on an 80 hour week with no time off basis. No, it really isn't ok that I have to stay up ALL. NIGHT. LONG to finish pleadings because you took a client who is going to have their house sold TOMORROW if I don't stop it.

Pay me what I deserve and what I am actually earning, or you can do this yourself!
    "Look, I'm trying not to test the durability of the arena with my face!" (Because only GM can do that.)

Previous job:

Yes, I said there is no more room in the gymnastics camp. Why did you wait until the last minute and expect to get your pick of dates. Do NOT throw the enrollment forms in my face.

No, the gymnastics boys team coach does not want to see a video of your 3 year old doing flips on the coach.

No, your 5 year old is not getting a tour of the gym at our absolute busiest time with 3 teams and classes going on, you moron.

Current: Yes, I'm going to charge you a late charge because you are always late, and saying you mailed it on the 27th and getting the payment with a postmark on the 5th is really only going to piss me off! If you didn't lie I might be more understanding.

What I'd like to say is:

"F&%^ You All, I Quit!"
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Default OOOH! Can I play?

First, let me preface with the fact I DO LOVE MY JOB - this being said...

When you call in, the recording alerts you of the booking fee If I do your ticket - please don't ask me to waive it because you can't figure it out on line. That's what online support is for.

Please don't ask me to find your flights, and then tell me you're going to book it on line. I cannot/will not hold the reservation for you.

Understand that there are only so many discounted milage/award seats at the lowest tier. If you want to go to Fort Lauderdale during Spring break, Hawaii at Christmas/New years, Europe over the summer, most people booked them 8-9, 10 months ago. I do not control how my company releases it's inventory.

The next time I give a fare quote of 85$ odd for a Round Trip from somewhere far away to NYC, and they ask if there's anything cheaper, I'm going to transfer them to Grey Hound...

Eternal Earth-Bound Pets Independent Contractor.

All I want is to know WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHICKEN???

Default What I'd really like to say

When you drive into my private farm and ask me about boarding and I tell you board is $1000/month and you are flabbergasted because most board around here runs from $350-550.

What I'd really like to say(and sometimes actually do) is "If you expect me to put up with you and your horse, it's gonna cost you for me to be inconvenienced.

So far no one has taken me up on boarding their horse.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post
    When you drive into my private farm and ask me about boarding and I tell you board is $1000/month and you are flabbergasted because most board around here runs from $350-550.

What I'd really like to say(and sometimes actually do) is "If you expect me to put up with you and your horse, it's gonna cost you for me to be inconvenienced.

Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

ZuZu, so glad to see you back. How's the shoulder/rotator cuff doing ?
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Default HoHoHo

That is a lovely dress/outfit/bathing suit/whatever, and you would look absolutely fab in it if it was actually in your size. Right now however, you look like an absolute hohoho.

Just because I was perfect in your anatomy class doesn't mean I'm going to be perfect in your diseases class. I enjoy the fact that you see my potential, but with 18 hours of classes this semester, I'll be okay if I get a B in your class. I put enough pressure on myself to be perfect, I don't need you putting anymore on me. But wait, I got a 99 on the last test? And on another note, I can schedule my own classes and if you have a problem with the way I drop and add classes like a mad woman I will gladly change to another advisor. There is no reason to send snippy emails when I wasn't aware of the policy I didn't follow. Now I will proceed to stuff your inbox full of emails asking questions about EVERY class I am interested in. You will go crazy and wish you had never snapped at me about that policy of having to ask an advisor before taking classes.

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post

Ooh, That's my new response!! Thank you.

What I'd love to say is:

Yes it is the 28th of the month--this means your board (for the previous month) is now late-- I sent your bill so that you would have it by the 5th, giving you 5 days to mail a check-- I do not appreciate having to call you each and every month from the 15th on until whenever you feel it's time to send a check.
    I am supremely pi$$ed that you felt it was ok to go on vacation to St Croix before paying the board on your 3 horses-- must be nice to expect someone to buy feed for you while you are laying on the beach--I just wonder, did you buy food for your dog before you left, or did you expect the dog-sitter to buy it?? There is NO difference!!!!
    Also, I don't care that you don't get paid until well after the 15th from your clients-- these are not client horses that are boarding on my farm, they are your own personal horses-- so you should have paid for their keep before you spent money on a vacation. What's worse, is we are supposed to be friends!!! I think it's best for you to take your horses and board them elsewhere-- I need your money, but I don't need it so bad that I want to take any more of your sh!t-- this has gone on long enough--3 years of begging each and every month for money you owe me-- before you turned the books over to your high-maintenence, non-horsey, prima donna wife, this was never an issue-- when the board was due, I handed you a bill, you wrote me a check.
    The only difference between a runaway and a fast gallop is nothing but a SMILE
    Most horses cross the Rainbow Bridge, but TEDDY JUMPED IT!!!
    Member of the COTH Enabler Clique

From my last job:

"Like most, this Board of Directors is absolutely dysfunctional. You don't give a rat's patootie about what the homeowner's want...you are here to further your own interests".

"Listen you idiot, it is 2:00AM. My after hours office phone message says you are to call this number ONLY for a legitimate emergency ...having ants is NOT a reason to call. Get a can of Raid and deal with them yourself, you little whiner".

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

Oooh, what fun!

From a job long ago:
    "You bet, as a lowly gas station cashier I am TOTALLY responsible for the increase in prices. Now, because you are screaming and spraying spittle in my face telling me how I am responsible for you not being able to afford XYZ after filling up your honking SUV, I'm raising YOUR price to $5/gallon."
    also:
    Bringing in a $100 bill first thing in the morning and then bitching because you have to wait for the time safe to get change does not impress me. That's what the sign on the door stating nothing larger than a $20 is for. Hitting on me after going through the above only makes you look like an idiot.

Current position:
    You knew this audit was coming for a year (yes, really, that is what annually means); don't act like I am putting you out when requesting things you have to prepare every year. Seriously, entering those commands to print out the information I need is not going to interrupt your personal phone call for that long. I'd feel worse if I hadn't just watched you surf the web for 45 minutes while waiting for your nail polish to dry (didn't think I noticed, did you?).

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    Hm. Well, as a previous customer I would laugh and leave

I have worked in customer service most of my life, it's a job. If you dislike it, go to school and get a better job, that's what I am doing.

In my bad moments I will admit to doing some heinous things to people who irritated me though Don't ever make your bartender mad, folks.
    LOL...I did go to school and I love my job (and am now looking in to grad school). It was just one of those days .

I'm thoroughly enjoying the posts too! I told one of my co-workers the other day that it would be so fun to have a national Say What You Want holiday....of course the day after would totally suck though.
    Last edited by hundredacres; Nov. 27, 2010 at 07:23 PM.

Ok, here's mine.............

No jackoff, i'M NOT EUTHANIZING your puppy with the broken leg because you've only had it for a week. No we do not have a payment plan for a client we've never seen before today. I really think that you were probably unemployed a week ago when you got this puppy, so you KNEW you weren't going to have any money loser.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!