The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Signs of the Apocalypse

Yesterday, during the Macy's Turkey Day Parade, it came to my attention that there is a Broadway musical based on the works of Green Day. I may not be remembering the right Green Day, but my reaction was something along the lines of "Wha? Wait? Huh? Wha? MR. LOSHAD, HAVE YOU SEEN THIS? WTF?"

We did appreciate the irony of the thing, though, especially all the hipster clothes on the singers. I expect to see the "Green Day Collection" at Abercrombie and Fitch any day now...
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

I saw that on TV yesterday and unfortunately it is the same Green Day that my sister and I listened to as flannel wearing junior high kids in the early 90s.

You know you're getting old when the music of your junior high days is transformed into a cheesy song&dance number on a holiday special.

BES
    Proudly owned by 2 chestnut mares
    Crayola Posse: sea green
    Mighty Rehabbers Clique

I saw the Green Day musical, "American Idiot," on B'way this past summer. It was pretty cool. The older members of the audience (including me) cheered louder for the one or two FM radio hits we recognized in the score, like "Hope You Had the Time of Your Life."

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTbred View Post
    I saw the Green Day musical, "American Idiot," on B'way this past summer. It was pretty cool. The older members of the audience (including me) cheered louder for the one or two FM radio hits we recognized in the score, like "Hope You Had the Time of Your Life."
    You have to admit, though, that having a Broadway musical (the epitome of Establishment) based on the work of an anti-establishment/alternative/punk group like Green Day is a little...weird. Although, I suppose they have mortgages, too.

BES, it's even worse for me -- Green Day was the music from my college years.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

The first chill winds of the Apocalypse came years ago when I first heard Green Day as elevator music...
    ---------------------------

Northern Virginia, 45 minutes east of paradise - 2 hrs during rush hour

The producer and the director are both guys that I did theater with in junior high and high school. we had a lot of parties then Funny to think of them as being "famous"
    "The mighty oak is a nut who stood its ground"

"...you'll never win Olympic gold by shaking a carrot stick at a warmblood..." see u at x