The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Default Thanksgiving guests GO HOME!

They're still here. 7 hours later, they are STILL HERE. Nice couple, friends of Mr. CC, not me. But, really, I've been up since 6AM, cooked dinner for 12, cleaned the house and did horse chores, too. You, nice couple, and Mr.CC have been drinking beer and shooting the breeze for hours. 7 to be exact. Don't you have to work tomorrow? Or hit some sale? Or check on your cat?

How do I politely get them to please, go home?
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

You just politely say, "Wellp, it's been a really long day for me. I'm going to go turn in. It was lovely to meet/see you guys, thanks for coming! Goodnight, sweetie. Make sure to turn all the lights out when you come up.".

Mr. CC (since he's the one chatting with them) should stand up, stretch, yawn, and tell them all the delicious food's getting to him and it's about time he hit the sack.

You should encourage Mr. CC to do the above, possibly with a pointy fork.

put the curlers in, apply layer of cold cream and remind them to turn off the lights and lock the door when they leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I wish! Loud talking, laughter, etc. in our VERY SMALL house means no sleeping for me. I'm in the spare room (computer room) leaving them to share stories in the living room. I like the man of the couple, the woman is a stranger to us, but quite nice, too. But...go the hell home.

I have a full day planned for tomorrow. I guess I get to go out and whisper in drunken Mr. CC's ear (he rarely drinks, so it is easy for him to get a little silly) and tell him what time it is.

I hate being a beyotch.

I like the fork idea. Hmm.... I'll listen for a lull in the conversation and make my move.

Heck, they've descended into talking about the strip clubs they've visited together (old army buddies) and now they are talking about old friends from Alaska. Really, no one wants to hear crap like that.

I had a similar scenario years ago and I did go in and wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving, then I went to bed. Our house was tiny at that time, and I didn't get to sleep right away, but it sure felt good to get under the covers and just relax. My guests took the hint, though, and were gone within an hour.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

While you might not be able to sleep with them still there, your going to bed may catalyze their departure.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Dogs are out for final potty, and I'm going to get ready for bed. Hopefully, they'll take the hint. Now they are all discussing phone companies and conspiracy theories on corporate domination. Standard fair for Mr. CC and his buddy when they get together. Oy.

Hope they leave soon!!!
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA Mare
    In Loving Memory of Tally, April 15, 1983 - June 2, 2010

In college, when I wanted to kick people out, I'd change into PJs and wander around the apartment brushing my teeth. That usually worked pretty well.

Did they ever leave or are they still there?

I'm curious too!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

They did leave...I'm guessing around 11pm. Mind you, they arrived at 2pm, for dinner at 5:30!! I got ready for bed, told them goodnight and goodbye and crawled under the covers with a book and a cat or two. Mr. CC woke me up when he came to bed around 11:30, sloshed.

Nice folks, but I'm wiped out today. I did manage to make it to the feed store for their "Black Friday 20% off sale" to stock on feed and a new tank deicer.