The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best place to sell this tack

Mods I hope this is ok.

I got a hole box of stuff. part of it I dont need. Ive been told that the white bridle and brestplate is used by pacers or maybe parade riders. I have no idea if this is true or where to sell to those type of people.

Help! Any ideas or answers? TIA.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

Noone has ideas? Or noone can get off OT forum?
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

You might want to try Craigslist or some local classifieds. I wouldn't know where to sell a white parade bridle either.

- craigslist is #1
    - email lists, especially those of interest to people who might want a white bridle
    - tack consignment shop

On things i've had a hard time selling outright, I might then try listing them on CL in the "Barter" section. I'll post the item and a wish list of things I might trade it for.

JD:

When you find out, let me know! I was cleaning out an old show trunk today and found a white bridle and reins, and I have absolutely no idea where it came from. Hmmm wonder how it would look on my Andie stallion.
    "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you..."

U know its bad when you dont know where it came from! I dont know where a lot of my stuff went.

Quote Originally Posted by MayS View Post
    - craigslist is #1
    - email lists, especially those of interest to people who might want a white bridle
    - tack consignment shop

On things i've had a hard time selling outright, I might then try listing them on CL in the "Barter" section. I'll post the item and a wish list of things I might trade it for.
    CL may be best idea. I have no idea if there are any pacers in my state or if friends told the truth about pacers using them. The local shop is run by a man whose about 90 years old and is VERY local.

JD

Can you post a picture of the bridle? There would be a big difference between a harness racing bridle and a parade horse bridle. If it's a nice parade bridle there are parade classes at Saddlebred shows, so look for ASB barns in your area. Is it leather or faux leather? Are there wide-webbed rubber reins with the bridle? If real leather and has rubber reins it could be a TB race bridle, they come in many colors with white being very popular.

I have a race bridle I use in the local jumper shows, looks very classic on my TB mare's head: http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/z...c/IMG_0577.jpg
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

Its not leather but that fake bio??/leather, the reins are the same kind, it kinda white/yellow/beige and it has a walking horse kind of bit on it. I thought of parade horses but my friend at the ASB barn said no one has parade horses around here.

A lot of endurance people use the biothane tack

Be careful with CL. You've got spammers or people phishing for your Email address. If you get a response to your ad asking for you to verify that YOU aren't a spammer or such, delete immediately. Don't open it.

Try tacktrader.com or google Horse Grooming Supplies Forum, sign up and list the tack under Equine Classifieds - lots of members there I'm sure someone would be interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Fish View Post
    Be careful with CL. You've got spammers or people phishing for your Email address. If you get a response to your ad asking for you to verify that YOU aren't a spammer or such, delete immediately. Don't open it.

I think I just did a trade. Tks for that idea.

Trade tack for a ride on a riderless horse.

Did I get a deal?