The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default new county stabilizer

Does anybody know how much a new county stabilizer costs these days?

I want to say $3000-$3500, I think that's what I got quoted last May. I do know that they are going up in price January 1st.

I've got a lovely used County Stabilizer if you'd be interested in that send me a pm and i can give you pics/more info

yeah, the new plain ones start at 3200 im pretty sure, and the ones with the special leather(buffalo, elephant,,,,or WHATEVER it is!) is 4200... I have the one with the special leather and its definitely worth the extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by xxreddxheaddxx View Post
    yeah, the new plain ones start at 3200 im pretty sure, and the ones with the special leather(buffalo, elephant,,,,or WHATEVER it is!) is 4200... I have the one with the special leather and its definitely worth the extra money.
    It has been a couple of years since I got mine, so perhaps it has changed, but it used to be there were the three price points -- standard leather (lowest ~$3,200), XTR leather (aka elephant? stamped with this odd pattern and priced in the middle like $3,500 or $3,600), and then the high-end bull leather (really nice -- this is what I have -- priced at about $4,000 or $4,100).

Earlier this year, I priced a custom County Stabilizer with the XTR leather and it was going to be $3,500, I think (give or take a $100 -- I can't remember the exact amt). That was with a free girth thrown in as I'm a repeat customer. I suspect but do not know for sure that there is some flexibility on pricing with the different reps -- or so it seems as I see different quotes on here all the time.

And County keeps sending me e-mails about the coming price increase...and that just strengthens my resolve to go with Black Country when/if I need another custom saddle!

I have the stabilizer w/ the stamped leather= AMAZING! love my County, have never been happier with a saddle!
    Caught by a Flash -Equine Photography

East Coast Jumps -Custom Wood Horse Jumps

Thanks for your responses. I have a used one that I'm selling and it helps to know what they are going for new.