The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone feed Legends Performance Pellets?

I just got 4 bags and there's a lot of powder/crumbs. It wasn't just at the bottom of the bag, it was consistent in all four bags.

I was wondering if this happened to anyone else recently? I've worked with this feed for two years and haven't experienced this at all.

The pellets smelled normal, were not wet, no discoloration, etc. My theory is that instead of rice bran pellets they used rice bran powder.

I've been noticing that for the past two months - there's been crumbs that look like rice bran and whole kernels of corn. I wish they had let us know if they changed that!

Mine have all been the same for past few years... no crumbles, except for occasional at bottom of bag...maybe has to do with different places making it?
    owner and friend of members of the Limping And Majestic Equine Society.

I would send it back -- it's not supposed to be like that. I had a bag of Legends Maturity come in like that and our local Southern States folks came out and picked it right up and gave me a new bag. I'm guessing it was exposed to extreme heat at some point, but who knows. You may be right in your suspicion, but better safe than sorry! Give them a call and see what they say.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.