The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Crossed Sabers (I know, I know...)

Hi guys.

So listen, my best friend who is not very technically inclined (aka doesn't know the first thing about an online forum), mentioned her Crossed Sabers horror story to me over the years and it just now crosses my mind to search for it here. I can't effing believe how bad things are.

She had given her 3rd level dressage horse to them after he was medically deemed unsafe to ride, while she had him in college. The owner of the rescue eventually sold him to a rider in CA (we are from NH), as a mid-level dressage horse. .... I'm sure this is not a unique story.

Anyways, this new thread I created is not to gossip or further the "soap opera" in any way. But, I was hoping there might be some of you out there with similar stories that would want to connect with my friend? Sort of a CS support group?

Please PM me if this appeals to you and I will give you her info.

Default retirement

I just sent a request to crossed sabers about retirement board for my shire warmblood cross. he isn't sound to ride, and needs a place to be retired while I am doing school/work.

What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by szwarcak View Post
    I just sent a request to crossed sabers about retirement board for my shire warmblood cross. he isn't sound to ride, and needs a place to be retired while I am doing school/work.

What is going on?
    PLEASE DON'T if you love your horse. Search here and read about her. Run far, far away as fast as you can!
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

What is going on?

Do it-then watch for a sound Shire Warmblood cross for sale show up on her website

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT
    SEND YOUR HORSE TO THIS WOMAN!!!
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chardavej View Post
    PLEASE DON'T if you love your horse. Search here and read about her. Run far, far away as fast as you can!
    I am looking for retirement board and not donation

How would that location be for retirement boarding?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I am looking for retirement board and not donation

How would that location be for retirement boarding?
    She would take your horse, sell it, and send you pictures of it under the pretense that it was still at her property while not allowing you to come and see it. Any more questions we can answer for ya?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    She would take your horse, sell it, and send you pictures of it under the pretense that it was still at her property while not allowing you to come and see it. Any more questions we can answer for ya?
    nope! I understand.... Very disappointed, but I will keep looking. Thanks for helping me out.

Run, Run, Run- AWAY-- as fast as you can

nope! I understand.... Very disappointed, but I will keep looking. Thanks for helping me out.
    You're welcome. One of the other threads you bumped contains a recommendation from a COTHer about another poster who does retirement boarding in I believe PA-I have clients that have dealt with the person recommended (I have not personally) and she is the real deal (unlike Ms. Kramer/SWAP/Crossed Sabers/Crossed Sabres)
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

I know the folks at Paradigm Farm are pretty awesome and nearly always have a waiting list. They're in Tenn. They have a blog and post pictures of the horses constantly and welcome the owners to visit.